test pipe question

how much more power would i get from replacing my cat with a test pipe?

taken from team-integra.net

E. Aftermarket High Flow Cats Versus Testpipes On A Daily Driver:
Comparing a 2.5 in. testpipe (RED) to a 2.5 in. Carsound cat (BLUE) in the same ITR ( 1.8L B18C5 ) with a CAI, an SMSP 4-2-1 long hybrid header (2.5 in. OD collector), and SMSP 2.5 in. OD exhaust:

There is virtually no difference. So there is no CEL code 45 to worry about and you don’t have to worry about performance or passing emissions or polluting the environment…talk about a win-win situation!! Thanks goes to Chris for doing the dyno test.

so if your concerned about flow, just get a high flow cat.

Moved from Stock Engine Bay.

Regards,

Oz

Originally posted by spikeymike
[B]

There is virtually no difference. So there is no CEL code 45 to worry about and you don’t have to worry about performance or passing emissions or polluting the environment…talk about a win-win situation!! Thanks goes to Chris for doing the dyno test.

so if your concerned about flow, just get a high flow cat. [/B]

I have yet to find an aftermarket cat that does not fall apart prematurely. The cost effectiveness as well as the longevity of a test pipe makes it a much better value. As far as passing emissions, that’s a yearly test here in Tejas- I’ll switch them out once a year fine with me

:bow:

i have gutted cat and i surprsingly dont get the rotten egg smell, but i cant stand the way it makes my car sound liek shit.