The ever elusive Hybrid DA suspension Article

Sorry to dig up an old thread but its better then reposting right? I was just wondering if anyone has working pictures of stock dc/eg vs. da shocks and springs. I wanna see a comparison of the perches, shock length, and spring height.

And are the top hats/mounts the same between to two?

Also can ek suspension be used when doing the conversion since theyre similar as well. Thanks in advance.

Yeah, if someone has that pic or can take another that would be good. I need it too. From what I remember, though, all the perches were the same height. I know for a fact that the DA and EF perches are the same height. The length differences were in the body above the perches.

I dunno about ek suspension. Ive never dealt with it.

Top hats are all the same.

Ben

so your saying that if i was to get a set of the tein ss from a eg all ill need to make it fit on my da is to get the front forks off the stock shocks of a eg? and what about the back shocks?

back shocks bolt up.

Ben

aight thanks

ben…i plan to upgrade to DC shocks and springs but that would mean i need to use the DC pillow mounts…my question is would the DC pillow mounts bolt up to our chasis…TIA

Top hats? they are all the same.

Ben

thats what i thought…thanks

Im running dc shocks and forks with coil overs for a dc. Everything works great however the pass side drop fork rubs on the axle for some reason. It has me boggled. Any ideas?

Alan

Probably need to change your front lower arm bushings. That happened to me, but I knew it was because of the bushings. My bushings were shot and caused way to much flex which caused the fork to rub on the axle. Once I changed them no more rub and ride was much more stable!

Thanks will have to do that this spring, when I take her outta storage.

Alan

what he said.

any pics of DA’s with ITR coilovers???

front

rears

What does this mean. Concerning the bold

The EG/DC suspension will bolt right up to a DA chassis, and there is an added bonus! If you take a set of rear DA and EG/DC stock shocks & compare them side to side, you will notice that the DA shocks are almost 2.5 inches LONGER than the EG/DC shocks! That’s a good thing! (More ride if you go lower.)

I’ve been thinking about some DC rear shocks and I thought since the body of the DC is smaller that that would lower the rear end more than it would be if you compared them to that of one using DA shocks.

The more ride part, what does that mean? :hmm:

those are the pics!! where did you find them?

I dunno about the more ride part. I did not write the article. Edit: maybe he was referring to it being a good thing that the eg are shorter. Maybe he meant more travel instead of “ride”.

Ben

yeah, I know you didn’t write the article. I got the pics from team-integra. Similar topic some dude wanted g3’s in a g2 cuz he had a great deal… The dude that posted the pics, had a link the the “Hybrid DA suspension” and I was bummed when the site wasn’t on anymore. Then I was searching for g3 shocks in a DA and came up on this. I was like,“Is it the same one?” I was a lil excited.

Oh you might want to save the pics and post them on the article where they belong so they won’t go away… :slight_smile:

so if I put on EG/DC in rear the car won’t look lower on the back, right? Cuz it’s the spring that makes it lower, not the shock, right?

I know about your DA’s on an EF, but i’m not car savvy enough to find a correlation as to why, and how the EF was so high? Is it cuz the DA is 2.5" longer? But if so, then won’t the DA on EF’s or EG/DC for that matter (cuz they look the same size in the pic) be so much lower?

I’m baffled. :mad: :hmm:

I don’t know about u guys, but i’m running on EG/DC kyb gr-2’s and I will say that the front’s went about 1/2" lower and the back went about 1/2" higher… I didn’t understand at first but I figured out why. The reason the height’s changed was because of the position of the perches (spring seats) on the EG/DC kyb’s in comparison to the DA shocks i replaced. As for the shock bodies being longer or shorter i really don’t think it makes much of a difference for ride height, but possibly on shock travel. I’ve went from oem shocks to monroe gas shocks to tokico blues to kyb gr-2’s. besides the oem shocks they were all EG/DC spec and I will say that all of them had the perch locations different. They all were either 1/2" higher or lower. For those of you who have coilovers this really shouldn’t present you with any problems, but for those of you with springs choose ur shocks wisely.

damn, that sucks. Which of your shocks made the rear more normal looking.

I wouldn’t really be able to answer that because I’ve got coilovers. Everytime I changed shocks I had to adjust.