The ever elusive Hybrid DA suspension Article

I see. I’ll just have to see what I’ll do.

How will EF’s be on the rear of a DA? I was thinking about the AGX’s.

EDIT: Nevermind, I re-read the article and it said that it’s about the same, and ultimately the spring determines height. The perches are about the same too, so no biggie. And since I’ll be buying USDM shocks, I need not worry about the ITR rear control arm (or whatever that was).

With the longer shock, a short spring limits the travel of the shock since it is already part way compressed. The shock shaft will fully compress before the spring compresses fully. A shorter shock will not be compressed as much and not bottom out as soon. It really does not matter for the DA, with 17"s the tire rubs in the back on my car before the shock (Tokico Illumna)bottoms out.

i just recently (a week ago) swapped my KY/GC’s from my 93 civic onto my 91 DA.

The front forks i found were EXACTLY the same. from the EG to the DA. Maybe because i didn’t use the brake line bracket, but they ended up matching the front forks in height and length. I wanted to take pics, but of course didn’t have my camera near by. The rears swapped without problem.

One problem i did run into, is that the typical springs used on the EG civic are too soft, you have to preload them a lot to prevent the teg from riding on the bumpstops. I’ve already ordered 400# H&R’s. And you have to cut the bumpstops more for the integra, should only have an inch of length, where on the civic you were supposed to cut only one “knob” off, and have about 2 inches of length.

Also, according to Lee (CRX Lee on H-T) the civic KY’s are shorter than the Teg KY’s, and are a good replacement if you want the same suspension travel with a lower ride height.

No sir they are not. They may be the same height but the diameter in the EG shocks is larger.

Ben

ben,
you plan on making any bars this summer? i need a ltb, rusb and strong bar pretty please :hugs:

hmmm. maybe. I dunno. Depends on a lot of stuff.

Ben

they looked exact to me. i should have taken pics. i’ll do it when i get my H&R’s on there. - of course i could be wrong.

Did you happen to measure? Hmm, apparently not. The EF/DA forks have an ID of 1.502" and the EG ones were 1.650".

If they are the same then why is the casting different? HL/R for the DA/EF and VL/R for the EG/DC.

or why are they a slightly different shape?

Ben

nah i eyeballed it. talkin out of my ass as usual :smiley:

I personally did the Tokico DC rear shocks on my DA and they are way lower then the Tokico DA fronts. My car sits lower in the back like i have several dead bodies in the trunk. I’m not satisfied with the drop difference. I’m going to sell the DC rears and get DAs.

would EF springs lower a DA more then it is specified to lower an EF?

im thinkin of gettin OmniPower coilovers and control arms for an EF. i plan on putting these on my DA. are the EF springs/struts strong enough for my DA? also, would there be an issue in the rear since my shock is so much longer then the EF shock?

why would you do this when Omni has a DA application? :think:

http://robearracing.com/pd_omni_power_full_coilover_system.cfm for that deal.

can u answer my question?

http://www.kteller.com/store/index.php/cPath/33_56_225_228_237
$649 + $1 shipping, if your a honda-tech member he also has a deal for coilovers and LCAs.

thats where i got mine. and i probably got the first set too because i preordered in dec. mike gives excellent service and ships very fast.

imma member of honda-tech. where’s the deal for the LCA combo?

http://www.honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1071654
it was a christmas deal originally but im sure he’ll do some kind of discount if you order everything at once. post on the thread and pm him.

thats weird… i have DC rear tokico’s and DA fronts… and my ride is perfectly fine

What kind of springs/coilovers DA or DC? I am looking to do this swap but I want to do it right the first time and be happy with it. Is it worth the swap from DA to DC in the front?

any DC coil overs will work. If you dont like it you can change it back. The only thing you really have to change is the forks. DC stuff wont be any different, though, as far as ride, quality, or handling is concerned. The biggest advantage is that there are more options, thats really it.

Ben

mav3rick478- how hard is it to change the ride height on your car with the omnis? does the car need to be jacked up? also, when u lower it or raise it, do u need to make camber/toe adjustments also?

im new the the whole adjustable suspension thing.