The Great Cam Chart

Thanks for the info dude! Nice

that wild list is wrong in my opinion. the Toda C is no where close to the Skunk’ 3’s… the Skunk 3’s are the absolute craziest thing and also crower 403’s are not that bad. i have the non-vtec version and i run it with stock vavletrain automatic teg. <note> makes alot of power above 4k… almost feels like v-tec

None of those specs are taken from word of mouth, most come from websites with specific measurements.

Stew :up:

Good work Stew. That is quite impressive. I should buy cams. Wait, my car does not run. Never mind…

:up:
Good Stuff!

Im going to look around some more, but im most likely going with crowers402 or 403??

Thnx Adam/Kirk, yeah, the 402s would be my best bet just because of the fact that no valvetrain is required. Plus, from what it seems like, the 403s require a lot more maintenence. But I’m sure that for the money they do produce more power, so its all what your wallet is made of, and what you really expect from your ls I assume.

i am not good at reading these specs and understanding which cams are more aggresive.Can someone tell me how the crane cams stage 2 compare to the crower 403’s.Which one is more aggresive and from the specs which would give me better results.I can’t get a hold of the crowers and i can get a hold of the cranes.Any help is appreciated

the crane will give you a lil bit more power and tq at lower rpm than the crower. also it is a lil bit better suited for turbo if you ever decide to do it casue of the lower life. overall the crower is more agreesive and will make more power than the crane.

Originally posted by LODOSS
the crane will give you a lil bit more power and tq at lower rpm than the crower. also it is a lil bit better suited for turbo if you ever decide to do it casue of the lower life. overall the crower is more agreesive and will make more power than the crane.

that’s funny cause the guy at the shop told me its for mostly turbos cars and i kind of laughed at him.So the crane is more suited for turbos then.That sucks now i don’t know what to do in terms of cams.Not to get off topic but does a afr give more horsepower to our cars as well, i am looking for another cheap mod.thanks

only if you got cams otherwise the gains are minimal and some times you actually lose some hp. but yes the crane is more suited for turbo atleast out of those two.

what about the Colt’s?? Someone track down Max and find out where they fit in!

I was actually really hoping to find those specs, max, if ya read this, mind posting some up for us? Thnx man :slight_smile:

how much more aggresive and the stock 92-93 cams over the stock 90-91 cams.I don’t know if i want to spend a lot of money for cams so i was thinking about the 92-93 cams.How much horsepower are the 92-93 cams good for in a 90 teg b18a.Could i use cam gears with the 92-93 cams as well.any help is appreciated

you can use them but unless you going to do all the work yourselfs it is not worth it. i had to replace my head cause it was leaking oil so i went and put a b18b head on. it only mad ea slight diff in the very top end other than that it is the same.

LODOSS what about how crower says the 403’s require the springs and retainers? are you not using them because youre only revving to 6500? id appreciate the lower torque band of the 402’s, but i think for now i just want the better timeslip

Can someone post JG 1001 cam specs? I can’t seem to get on there site.

between 403 and 402 is not going to be much differnce. there will only be a small rpm range where the 402 is actually making a lil more power than the 403 but i am sure i fyou compare them side by side you’ll see the 403 is a much better choice. and yes since i have a poor auto i only rev to about 6700. but from what i have heard from many other users. they run it in their stick and they don’t have any problems revving it near 7000 with stock valvetrain. now i am not sure what kind of valvetrain they are using stock wise… (91 or 99) because mine is 99 ls valvetrain which are in much better condition than my 91’s.

is the gude vtec or non vtec?

non-vtec :clap: :clap: :clap:

thanx :smiley: