This is HOW A CLUTCH WORKS

Here is a really cool flash program that I found while playing around that shows how a clutch works and all the components that go along with it. Really cool stuff and will give a lot of you some insight as to how your clutch works.

Just click here for the flash

archivethis

Later,
BR

Re: This is HOW A CLUTCH WORKS

Originally posted by B R
[B]Here is a really cool flash program that I found while playing around that shows how a clutch works and all the components that go along with it. Really cool stuff and will give a lot of you some insight as to how your clutch works.

Just click here for the flash

archivethis

Later,
BR [/B]

hey br that’s cool bro! :up: simplifies things, and it’s a good reference to use when trying to explain certain parts of the clutch to peeps. good find

cool but

still too hard (or fast) for me to get what’s really going on :read:

You understand much better by taking one apart. I didnt really understand how they worked until I did the clutch on the civic, then I was like “Ohhhhh, I see.” gnome saying?

Ben

BR that is really a great site, I hope everybody takes a look at this.

Great link, we need more of these for other parts of the car. :slight_smile:

Originally posted by Ben Ogle
[B]You understand much better by taking one apart. I didnt really understand how they worked until I did the clutch on the civic, then I was like “Ohhhhh, I see.” gnome saying?

Ben [/B]

Exactly. I had no idea how everything looked and worked in there until I reasembled my Civic’s.

Sure, taking it apart and putting everything back together will teach you a lot more than that flash, but how many people here really know how to do that??
It is just something that may help someone understand how a part of their car works and may help them solve some problems down the road.

Later,
BR

www.howstuffworks.comwww.howstuffworks.com Learn about almost anything at this site. Its a great site and it explains the clutch very well and they have alot of good diagrams, pictures and animations.

has anyone archived this?

Originally posted by MrFrost
Exactly. I had no idea how everything looked and worked in there until I reasembled my Civic’s.

Hows that going by the way? You gonna keep it?

Ben

if it could tow I’d keep it. I need something that allows me to take me Integra off the street, permanetly. It also still doesn’t run, damn flakes. I guess I’m a bit of a flake too. Do you still have that carpet? Looks like you’re having a lot of fun with yours.

Roldan, what do you need to finish it up??
Also, whenever you want me to pick up those parts from Brian jus tlet me know and I will get them. He lives like 3 minutes from me…

Later,
BR

Yeah I still need the fuel rail. I doubt he has an injecter resister unless he’s parting out a whole car since its not part of the engine. Those are the only two parts. If he has the whole car than I guess I should call him but I lost his #.

Originally posted by MrFrost
If he has the whole car than I guess I should call him but I lost his #.
You have mail…

Later,
BR

Just drive your teg to events and the civic the rest of the time.

I just finished a motor swap into my friend’s CRX (just rebuilt si head and tranny, d15 block). When he bought it, it came with 2 complete motors so we mixed and matched to get the nicest of all of it. Now I have competition at the auto-x’s.

I might be buying a wrecked teg (90 LS) from the junkyard for all the stuff I still need (including the motor, wooohooo!). All we got to do is work out a price with the owner (my dad knows him, Wooohooo!). And the car had imacculate (sp) Black interior, Wooohooo!

Ben

Wooohooo! (I am a retard)

Oh yeah, I still got the carpet.