This one is #3 1990 da.

[ATTACH=JSON]{“data-align”:“none”,“data-size”:“medium”,“data-attachmentid”:1116342}[/ATTACH][ATTACH=JSON]{“data-align”:“none”,“data-size”:“medium”,“data-attachmentid”:1116341}[/ATTACH][ATTACH=JSON]{“data-align”:“none”,“data-size”:“medium”,“data-attachmentid”:1116340}[/ATTACH]

Just bought this one yesterday. 90 LS b18b

2 Likes

Main things that need attention first. Needs to be raised up a bit as the body scrapes the tires. On bumps etc. I noticed. The clutch needs attention. Either its way out of adjustment or the cable or the clutch assembly need replaced. Those are first.

[ATTACH=JSON]{“alt”:“Click image for larger version Name: 1524898855539.jpg Views: 1 Size: 32.3 KB ID: 1117657”,“data-align”:“none”,“data-attachmentid”:“1117657”,“data-size”:“full”}[/ATTACH]
some more pics of car.
pic of interior is after i installed extra one i had
i also had to locate an air intake as there wasnt one on it at purchase

1524898855539.jpg

I would definitely raise it. When a car is that low the upper control arms usually hit the unit body as well, not good. Also the exhaust manifold is going to bottom out all the time on the pavement.

I agree. This chassis naturally doesn’t want to be slammed. I learned this the hard way! But anyways, great looking DA! Do you plan on painting the car so the panels match?

[ATTACH=JSON]{“data-align”:“none”,“data-size”:“full”,“data-attachmentid”:1117661}[/ATTACH]
replaced the steering wheel with one i had . vacuumed and cleaned up .

1524898852088.jpg

Where

Looks like a good start. I love the look of a lowered DA, but like everyone is saying, it comes with a lot of clearance problems.

im having issues again trying to upload pics.
last time it was some error about reaching my file size limit .
now its just a general error.

thanks everyone for the replies.
ill try again today later. on

Thank you for providing useful information, which is very helpful to me.

https://www.allicdata.com

Oh. Big update. Just recently in june 2019. I was determined to be disabled due substantial to mental health issues. Which i was .awarded a decent back payment amount. Soooo. Car parts. Lol. As the list of parts bought to be installed. .

Yonaka full coil over suspension setup
Ultra race front strut brace (one piece welded design)
Dc sports rear. Strut brace ( one piece welded design)
ASR rear 24mm swaybar with reinforcement plate and spherical bushing endlinks
Skunk2 front adjustable ball joint upper lca’s
Energy suspension shifter and steering rack bushings
Comp clutch lightened flywheel 12lb (iirc)
Comp clutch 1.5 clutch kit
Neptune rtp license
Lc2 wideband band bosch o2 sensor
Custom made obd1 engine harness for p&h injector use, 4 wire o2, obd1 distributor, obd1 ecu.
Obd1 distributor
(Purchased these next couple items in case i needed them wasnt sure if i would. I intended on purchasing. A set of remanned OEM prelude vtec 345cc injectors but trying to source a set that i knew were guaranteed to be the real deal was a headache. So…

Rc brand 370cc p&h injectors

Aem high flow fuel rail. With braided fuel line
liquid filled mechanical fuel pressure guage
Mounted on rail
Sourced locally. Its used but in excellent shape.

F/R Power stop rotors and pads

Moog premium grade (designated with part number starting with “k”)
Outer/Inner tie rods
and
Lower ball joints

Momo steering wheel hub adaptor
Momo 330mm steering wheel
And a momo horn button with honda emblem

I maybe forgetting a few things.

1 Like

Ive got a ton of pics regarding the project build progress wait to do it on my laptop and use sn ethrtnet cable Lol

Ne ways It sat on jack stands from 19-fall 2023 Its now a roller

What ive gottendone thus far

-Removed and replaced the moonroof assembly (original had multiple frobt to back fractiures across the glass( due to rear end impact before i purchased car)

-Did some unkrumpling of almost the entire length of the lower area of the “RR PANEL” had to bring it back out severl inches.

-Rear passenger quarter panel large dent has been undone, or popped back out ( this took a long time and have caused unhealed old injuries to become issues again But its done

-Drivrrs front fender replaced and painted

-hood , i prepped and primed and then found out while trying to lay down color The paint had diecd or gone bad, I may take it back down to the way it looked before i put primer on it and just clear coat it,

Hatch lid, intially i had planned on taking the iriginal off and then painting my white hatch lid to match car, then i kinda decided npt to, i may go back to original plan
Due to the many ripples in the deck lid metal from rear impact that i dont want to expend the time and effort at present time to make it straight again Not to mention surface rust and p/o idea to chop off the high mount brake light harness instead of just removing the lightbulbs

Prepping and painting a hatch lid that has all straight metal, no rust and undamaged wiring is way easier in my mind than correcting all that lol.

I ended up coming across a a good deal on a multipart purchase from anther da9 owner,
Bought the sunroof assembly, front and rear matched set seats from a 90 gs, Nice condition interior carpet , and a set of clear lens tail lamp housings

I also found a an interior part that i didnt know existed until i found it on ebay and bought them

Real hpnda chrome mirror polished with black knobs window crank arms ( which nicely complenent or go with the chrome interior door levers and the wood grain and chrome momo steering wheel with authentic gold honda momo “h” horn button

I also bought and installed an acura wooden shifter knob from an auto trans RL That is similar in wood stain color to the steering wheel lol

Overall the subtle chrome levers and wood against the black interior Ends up looks pretty sharp and very 90’s which is part of my goal

Hand is huyrting more later

1 Like

I have been curious about whether the RL auto shift knobs would fit. I thought they had a smaller thread than the manual knobs.