Thoughts on crome.

Yay!!! I’m the first to post in here!!! I’m considering chipping an ECU and learning how to tune with crome. Glad to see a section in here specifically for it!!!

Bring out the tutorials and information!!!

there should be a big link to pgmfi.org in here somewhere.

http://forum.pgmfi.org/

^^ its a huge resource.

crome is good to the budget minded tuner enthusiast.

other than that, it sucks.

[QUOTE=turbociv910;1913567]crome is good to the budget minded tuner enthusiast.

other than that, it sucks.[/QUOTE]

:umno: if you know what you’re doing, it can do everything. my shop has been tuning with it for a few years. another local shop has been tuning with it for even longer than we have. 0 problems. from all motor builds to boosted applications.

validate your statement. what about it sucks to you? you can spend money on hondata if you want, but you can do everything you need with chrome.

Crome is fine but there are much better programs with much nicer features.

I’m a big fan of Neptune, the new engine will be tuned with that.

Crome is good, but useless without a good datalogging software.
I think this should be the next topic.

my friend rechipped my ecu with crome. i like it alot… i got a dual chip. i know there is better stuff out there but i got chipped for a case of beer haha

Crome has the basic functionality needed for tuning without many bells and whistles. There are some decent plug-ins for it that add some more features.

As typRWhiteTeg93 pointed out, Crome doesn’t include datalogging. You’d have to buy Crome Pro for that… However if you use an Innovate wideband (the LC-1 is a good choice), you can use their LogWorks software which will interface with a Crome-chipped ECU using a plugin from their forums. That makes a very affordable combo to get started with tuning ($200 wideband + $30 chipping parts + $0 Crome + $150 chip burner = $380)

You can also wire your wideband through the ECU so you can use ECUControl or another datalogging app to capture all the data. I didn’t like that option much though.

If you want to learn how to tune, I’d recommend downloading a copy of Crome to play with and spend lots of time reading here: http://forum.pgmfi.org/ :read:

if you know what you’re doing crome with a free datalogger and a good wideband is just as effective as hondata or the like. the basic math is the same. the others just have more features and applicatoins, some of which are addons to crome, and others i would be surprised if they werent addons soon.

:fingban:

:fingban:

Is this ban emoticon actually searched for to ban people/spambots?

Nevermind, I figured out what that little exclamation point under a user’s name is for.

have a question, can you make changes on the fly or using the USB connection using chrome instead of having to burn a chop every time?

yeh u can

crome is great i dont look back after spending a bit extra to get it over a e-manage or something… and i wasnt interested in hondata coz of the local dealer… but great i love it

u need the emulator though xenocron sells the whole lot and thats where i got it from and its been great :stuck_out_tongue:

You cannot use quicklogger rtp in crome?
I thought that was the datalogger. Supposedly its just very tricky to use.
Either way crome is a great program and if you just want to tune your own car, the emulator is the way to go.

I think the only downside to it sometimes is the connectivity. It doesn’t always connects right away.

i didnt have any probs with connectivity with CROME i had probs with connectivity with the innovate wide band…

but u get that

i liked it… only issue i ever had was the loading of the new prgram on the fly. i think it was the laptop we were using during tuning, but never the less, that was the only issue. crome pro would be the way to go, if you were going to use crome. you would have 90% of the features that hondata has. now, if you wanted every option that hondata has, you would need to look into EcTune.

i’m using the ostrich 2.0 and cromefree, having trouble making a basemap cause of the plugins feature. it has the plugin manager but nothing else - no “control” option or “enhancements” option, but when i click plugin manager there is a bunch of stuff in there. i need the plugins for remove checksum, and advanced boost tools and such, do i have to download/redownload each one, or is there something i’m missing? or is this just not possible with the free version??

i’ve tried looking up how to add plugins to crome but the link to pgmfi is screwy and won’t work for me. i’ve looked it up all over and havn’t found anything that helps.

also if there are any other tuning software i can download for free and give a try, i’ll try anything you can throw at me, not specifically going for crome, just any free tuning software that’ll work

sorry for threadjacking or anything of the sort, figured it has to do with crome so…and thanks for the help

try it on another computer?

might b the computer

mine was fine it worked even with out the tuning tools

yeah but can i make a basemap for my turboed b18b without advanced boost tools, and i can’t “remove checksum” without it the plugins either right? can anybody tell me how to add plugins? tried it for 2 hours but can’t figure out how.

i have a chipped and street tuned ecu (not sure what ecu it actually is) but i wanna replace the chip with the ostrich 2.0 and tune myself (hits a little in the 13’s a/f), if i have issues i’ll just throw the chip back in.

i would use the map that is on the chip and just adjust it but for some reason i can’t log the info off the chip. this is why i’m trying to make a new map and start from scratch, i’ll also learn more as i would be starting from scratch.

im lookin to start tuning with crome…but with all the websites and different programs my head just really hurts after it all… keep the feedback comin im thinkin of gettin this…

by the way is the only place to download it from the pgmfi.org?? i downloaded one from there and got awhole bunch of errors when i tried to open it…anyone else?

talk to our sponsor xenocron. he can probably set you up with a clean link.