Tired of this f****** leak

Alright so I’ve got new tail light gaskets on the way (after getting new tails), so I know there’s probably water getting in there. But below are pics where I’ve circled where there’s standing water, probably like an inch or so. After seeing that my drain tubes weren’t in the best shape, I attempted to fix those as well. The clamps are tight, and there’s silicone around the connections as well. How in the world is there this much water all the way the sides almost to below the rear speakers? These pics are AFTER I’ve cleaned it up a bit. There were no drip marks that I could see, like running down the inside anywhere. Today I’m gonna sit in the hatch while my brother sprays the car with a hose. I’ll update after that. But I wanted to see if anyone had any other ideas. I hate this freaking water, and where I don’t have AC the humidity in the car makes it fog up the instant it’s cold or rainy outside, and I live in the mountains, so that’s all the time lol. Please, ideas?

mine was the same, change tail gaskets and no more problems. just make sure and silicone them in there real good

Hey thank you for the response man. So just the tail light gasket can get water all the way up there? It’s damn near the strut towers. I didn’t think it could get that far up from just a leaky tail light gasket.

hey did you get the leak fixed?? I was just cruising by and saw your reply. If the water is up that high I might look at other areas. When I did my tail lights, the water was only in the bottom part. So Im thinking its either your hatch or something else. But the only way to be sure I think is to remove all the plastic inside your trunk and keep searching for the source of the river nile. I know its frustrating, I considered selling my beloved DA during the leak phase. So glad I didnt sell her. Good luck!

it could be the seal around that white vent in the pic, there is one on either side of the boot.

mine were leaking around the edge but the flappy rubber bit that lets air through was all good. You need to take the rear bumper off to get to the outside of the vent then its just 2 screws. simple foam surround just like the taillight gaskets which you replace.