Trailing arm bushing development.

Originally posted by Schu
Using urethane like the place racing motor mounts… Yummy

dont they already make urethane TA bushings. :think:

thanks J.

Ben

No ben, I wish they would… the bushing material looks very simular to motor mounts, I love my place racing motor mounts and it seems the process for making a TA bushing would be the same or simular. I have seen control arms with this same urethane. How about a 3" bearing :slight_smile:

No ben, I wish they would… the bushing material looks very simular to motor mounts, I love my place racing motor mounts and it seems the process for making a TA bushing would be the same or simular. I have seen control arms with this same urethane. How about a 3" bearing :slight_smile:

please explain… how are the ES and Prothane replacement TA bushings NOT polyurethane? They say they are…

the place racing motor mounts are way harder than any ES ploy bushing.

:up: thank you mr. ben ogle AND mr.wes vann

ah, so the question was more about durometer than it actually being urethane or not… that makes sense.

although as its been talked about, the prothane and ES bushing design may not be the best… how much truth there is to this, I’m not sure, but at least something to think about. (if you don’t know what I’m talking about… don’t ask here, go read the huge thread about trailling arm bushings here on g2ic, and do some searches on honda-tech, its been debated quite a bit).

Maybe a stupid question, or already asked, but here goes.

So Honda now makes a separate TA bushing for the EF. So why isn’t there one specified for the DA? Treated like step children again I guess.

thanks for the heads up ben, and word up to wes! this is some good stuff.

#1 52385-SR3-000 for both sides
#2 07965-6920201 for the “hub driver”
#3 07GAF-SE00401 for the “hub base”

okay so the first number is for the trailing arm bushings, what are the #2 and #3 numbers for?

I am not even sure the polyurethane and urethane are simular… Durometer? Are you a silk screener?

Originally posted by math labs
[B]#1 52385-SR3-000 for both sides
#2 07965-6920201 for the “hub driver”
#3 07GAF-SE00401 for the “hub base”

okay so the first number is for the trailing arm bushings, what are the #2 and #3 numbers for? [/B]

They are the tools required to press them in/out of the TA.

[B][SIZE=4]Yeah, so… how is this relevant to the DA/DB?[/SIZE][/B]

They gave you the tools for free?

Originally posted by Xirphoid
[B]They are the tools required to press them in/out of the TA.

[B][SIZE=4]Yeah, so… how is this relevant to the DA/DB?[/SIZE][/B] [/B]
???

Originally posted by Xirphoid
[B]They are the tools required to press them in/out of the TA.

[B][SIZE=4]Yeah, so… how is this relevant to the DA/DB?[/SIZE][/B] [/B]

Originally posted by Ben Ogle
Anyway, I just wanted to let you guys know that you can press the EF bushings into the DA arms by using the DA outer as a sleeve type thing. So screw an extra $50 for OPM’s modified EF bushings.

Read my brethren (sp?)

I am not even sure the polyurethane and urethane are simular… Durometer? Are you a silk screener?

same deal. Durometer == stiffness of the poly.

Ben

So there’s finally a solution after all this time. :slight_smile:

Too bad I have no time or money since I decided to return to school to become a poor graduate slave worker. :frowning:

-T

Good information Ben :up: Thanks

That’s how I’ll be installing my Mugen bushings.

i just put in my ES LCA bushing this past week, dam it.

This might be a funny question but why doesn’t a company like ES make a softer insert sort of like a motor mount for the bushing? This would make it a lot easier to install on a stock bushing and cheaper.

Originally posted by lobuck
i just put in my ES LCA bushing this past week, dam it.

why dammit? :shrug: if you replaced your lca bushings w/ ES parts you can still replace your TA bushings w/ OEM Honda or Mugen…

Cool, so if I get the Mugen EF bushings, I could easily press out my ES ones that are already installed and press the Mugen ones in. :up: