Trailing arm bushing development.

why dammit? if you replaced your lca bushings w/ ES parts you can still replace your TA bushings w/ OEM Honda or Mugen…

I dont want to do the work again, if i had the rear arms out might as well done the bushing.

Originally posted by lobuck
I dont want to do the work again, if i had the rear arms out might as well done the bushing.

The Trailing arm and lca are different… you won’t be doing the same work. There is a lot more work involved in removing the TA than in removing the lca. So not doing them at the same time doesn’t really save you any significant amount of time.

K, so why are the Mugen ones better or worse than the ES ones? Ive had the ES ones in my car for a few years and love them, not that it would take much over the spent stock ones to make me happy.

Just curious:)

Originally posted by shenrie

Just bi-curious :stuck_out_tongue:

Dood, go to work and quit pickin on me.

Originally posted by shenrie
[B]K, so why are the Mugen ones better or worse than the ES ones? Ive had the ES ones in my car for a few years and love them, not that it would take much over the spent stock ones to make me happy.

Just curious:) [/B]

heres a quote from this thread: Suspension Bushings for Honda/Acura racers.... - Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion

“In any case the [trailing arm] bushing installation must allow lateral plunge, and rotation about an axis roughly parallel to the centerline of the car, thru the range of motion (there is lateral displacement of the arm, and there IS bump steer, and there’s very little you can do about it - therefore if you don’t have allowance for plunge and said non-axial rotation, you will have binding forces). The Poly type bushing setups I’ve seen don’t adequately account for this - and you can have problems, in some cases big problems.”

Ben

THANK YOU! ( :bowdown: Ben, et al…)

I had bought ES bushings >>1year ago and never got around to the install. I think I’ll go for the OEM-type bushing now.

Anyone want un-used ES TA bushings??? :smiley:
[EDIT: Pulling ES TA bushing off market for now… Just in case the OEM bushing doesn’t work as advertised.]

How much? Email me

“120% stiffer” is only 20 percent. Is it worth the extra cash?

I’ll have to get back to you because I want to keep them around “just in case” something goes awefully wrong with the OEM bushing and I need a bushing to get the car back together.

Because I can now say I have Mugen parts on my car, yes, its worth the money :smiley:

isn’t 120% 1.2 times more? so, more than double? :think: either way, i hate this post… :vomit:

Nope, 100% is equal to the original, for something to be double it has to be 200%… hence the 1/5th more stiffness or 20 percent stiffer or 120% of the original stiffness.

thanks for the schooling in math, schu. i had to retake math many a time during summer school… :frowning:

:slight_smile:

thats what I thought too. If they said “120% as stiff” then it would only be 20% stiffer but they are saying 120% stiffer which should be 1.2x.

Why do you hate this post?

Ben

because Ben its a way for Johnny to spend more Money on his DB2 =)

BTW i just replaced my trailing arms with spanking new DC ones and WOW… new trailing arm bushings OWN yO!

I agree with Ben, it’s in the wording, not the numbers. But where is someone saying 120%? Comptech? This seems like something that could very easily be confused in translation. I don’t see anything in the Japanese Mugen catalogs about the actual stiffness- maybe the site has something, but I haven’t checked yet.

Anyway, the only good answer is going to come from using some kind of durometer gauge on a new Mugen bushing, and a new OEM bushing. Anyone know anything about testing durometer?

Jeff

You guys… 120% is one hundred and twenty percent, period. What is 100% of 10 gallons… 10 gallons. what is 120% of 10 gallons… 12 gallons. What is 220% of 10 gallons… 22 gallons… 220% or 1.2 times as much. I deal with this stuff everyday. it is common for people to say they want twice as much, 100% more… but that is wrong, it erally should be said as 200%… twice as much. back to school you mugs :slight_smile:

Schu

So now the question is, is whoever said the bushings are 120% stiffer as good at English as Schu, or did they mean to say 220%?

^ yah, schu is in the right here, fellas, but i think what we may have to take into account is mugen’s wording/terminology/use of the “120%.” may not mean the same as what schu is saying? not trying to start a semantics thingy here though…

ben, i hate this thread because i bought new trailing arms just for the bushings. :crazy: