tranny opinions (gearing)

im hoping to find a GSR tranny but if i cant i was considering getting an LS and dropping in the GSR final drive.

i am building a CRVtec and am thinking (hoping and praying) it is a good compromise of the lower gearing with the higher torque of the B20.
looking at the numbers, the drop from each gear is close enough to behave similar with each gear change. after 1st gear the other changes are actually less of a drop than the GSR’s.

i need some opinions on this and what size slicks would pair well with it.

are you going to stay NA or go FI? I would reccomend the YS1 tranny if you’re staying NA.

btw- you might wanna check out the Houston meets page under club meetings- we gotta keep the Texas peoples together!!

:bow:

oh guess that helps :D. it is NA. its just hard as hell to be sure of any tranny you get. expecially the old cable ones.

well, im in houston but dont have a teg. although i will have a teg tranny, front cross bar and axles :p.

after i finish building this though im gonna look for a 2nd car. will be either a 2gen teg or a 94ish hatch. depends on what i come across.

Originally posted by night
[B]oh guess that helps :D. it is NA. its just hard as hell to be sure of any tranny you get. expecially the old cable ones.

well, im in houston but dont have a teg. although i will have a teg tranny, front cross bar and axles :p.

after i finish building this though im gonna look for a 2nd car. will be either a 2gen teg or a 94ish hatch. depends on what i come across. [/B]

good luck dude

:bow:

I think night has a good question if anyone knows the answer:

Will the GSR final drive fit into an LS tranny? If so, what kind of performance can we expect?

TIA

Hey i have a JDM S1 Tranny and a Y1 tranny out of a CRX SIR. Does anyone know where i can get the gear ratios, and how the hell do you read them? The lower the number the better?

kincaidintegra

www.bseries.net