Transmission Removal Help

Is there some magic trick to get a manual tranny off or something? Thing wont come off/loose.

Yes ALL bolts are removed. Only thing I can think of is the rear mount is keeping it together (yes all bolts are out of that too)

Ive got a

92 Teg Four Door Manual Bone Stock.

You sure you got all the bolts from the back? There is also a bolt that is commonly missed on the front, but the head is on the header side.

Have you removed the bolt holding the side transmission mount?

Other than that, you should be able to pry it apart (there is a spot of the front to pry)

Damn 91 views and only 1 reply on a forum that is MEANT for DA integras…lol wow.

I got the tranny out yesterday and put back in. Dont know what was different. It was prob just b/c I was tired and wasnt thinkin straight when I attempted this last week. Took a week off then did it yesterday and everything went like butter.

Thanks for the ONE person that tried to help. I got more replies and help from a local forum thats all about lsx motors and american muscle than here people. Thats pretty sad.

Well the ONE guy that did reply, prettymuch covered it… If all of the bolts are out, and the mounts are dropped… there should be nothing stopping the transmission from coming out. Just elbow-grease and some determination.

No need to down talk G2IC, would you rather have 91 people giving you wrong/bs answers because they dont know, or would you want one person who does? Glad you got it out, its really not that hard. To me this just shows we have good people, other sites might have all kinds of bs answers because people think they know what they are talking about but really dont… just my .02 cents…

I kno it might sound dumb but did u remove the starter

All of this is off the top of my head:

Your car should be on jackstands. Remove both drive axles and the intermediate shaft. It’s best remove the passenger side lower control arm, coilsprings, strut and knuckle. Remove battery, and intake pipe for easier accessibility. Drain transmission fluid. Unhook clutch cable.

First support your transmission with a jack. A transmission removal jack would be the best option, as it can slide. Support your engine with another jack underneath the oilpan for extra measure. Remove all the bolts around the transmission case. Dont forget that there’s a (forget if it’s just one or two) really long bolt holding the rear mount. Also remove the dust plate at the bottom of the transmission case. Remove the starter unit, held in place by two long bolts. Remove the front tranmission mount (if you have one). Finally, unbolt the transmission mount (passenger side mount). Your whole engine should slump down a bit, but not much because everything should already be supported by jacks.

Double check that you have all the bolts removed. Now gently pry the transmission from the engine with a long flat prybar. The transmission should separate from the engine WITHOUT much force. If it seems like you are using excessive force, Stop and double check for more bolts.

Important: Ensure that the transmission slides out horizontally. DONT let the transmission hang by the input shaft. Doing so, will damage the shaft and/or bearings. You may need to lower the two jacks supporting the engine and the transmission a bit for more clearance. Your engine and transmission should be sitting at a slight angle. The tranny should slide out from underneath the passenger wheel well. Keep the transmission supported underneath by a jack at all times. I do not recommend having someone underneath to support it, as the transmission can drop and possibly cause injury. The rest should be pretty straight forward. Just keep wiggling it out an inch at a time until the input shaft clears the clutch assembly. Then lower the transmission jack and slide it out.

[QUOTE=1 SLW EG;2192200]Damn 91 views and only 1 reply on a forum that is MEANT for DA integras…lol wow.

I got the tranny out yesterday and put back in. Dont know what was different. It was prob just b/c I was tired and wasnt thinkin straight when I attempted this last week. Took a week off then did it yesterday and everything went like butter.

Thanks for the ONE person that tried to help. I got more replies and help from a local forum thats all about lsx motors and american muscle than here people. Thats pretty sad.[/QUOTE]

this is free advice… you should jus tbe happy that it is available… ppl have lives… and some are nice enough to take time out of their life to write back on the forums… be gratefull

Dont take this wrong, but you got to think to yourself. What happens when people rush a task? Lucky you got because a mechanic like me knocks on a premium for a repair that has been screwed with

[QUOTE=1 SLW EG;2192200]Damn 91 views and only 1 reply on a forum that is MEANT for DA integras…lol wow.

Thanks for the ONE person that tried to help. I got more replies and help from a local forum thats all about lsx motors and american muscle than here people. Thats pretty sad.[/QUOTE]

What a whiny little bitch.

agreed

Hey Buddy, Less shit talking and more build thread updating :slight_smile:

Glad

Glad this thread is still here.