tuning 550cc with stock air pressure

ok im trying to daily drive my car…i have a 3 bar map sensor and 550 cc injectors . my buddy that tunes my car is having a hard time getting the air/fuel to mix becauze the injecty are just pouring in fuel…my question is has anyone ever had 550 on a daily and made it work or should i just get stock injectors?

are you turbo?

no i am not…i have a built motor but i want to run all motor for now and my tuner is having a hard time with the tune on chrome

550 is way big for na. you’ll always have problems with them. 340’s is about as big as you want to go, but stock will be more than plenty with na. what motor are you running? b18a? also, what mods? rods, piston cp ration?

:iagree:

I’m running a fully built NA B20 vtec with 345cc injectors and at idle I’m at 0% duty cycle. 550’s would drown even my build.

i got a b18b out of a 00 integra je pistons 9:1 eagle rods and for the head i got crower valves crower valve springs and retainers and also crower stage 2 turbo cams with the 550cc rc injectors

add a turbo, that will fix your problem. that car is going to be a serious dog with turbo cams and 9:1 cp running na

yea well i wasnt gna race the car or anything so i dont care that it wwas slow…but im gna puton the turbo now cuz the cars running like shit

yeah, it will run way better with the turbo and that low of compression. its like taking a dsm 4g63 eclipse and taking the turbo off from it. it won’t run right

I have run 450cc w/o turbo with no problem. Your tuner needs to change the injectors from the default 240 to 550 in fuel tools and change the Injector Battery offset to your size injectors…

the size of the injector is less of an issue than people think. however, most aftermarket injectors are difficult to tune on the low end. show me the duty cycle maps and current a/f.

the real proble was that i had peak and holld injectors w/o a resister box so it was basically dumping twice as much fuel but hooked it up and im good now

My buddy in his DA is 12:1 comp on ls/vtec dyno wednsday. Using stock injectors great tune. With your 9:1 comp I would put the stock 240s in.