turbo and ls/vtec

Is it possible to do an Ls/vtec conversion and also add a turbo to that later down the line for extreme hp? Is this combo even possible?

yea, but ur best off just buyin a vtec engine and boostin now instead of buildin the ls/vtec.

Turbo LS/Vtec here

Re: turbo and ls/vtec

Originally posted by 91lsspeced
Is it possible to do an Ls/vtec conversion and also add a turbo to that later down the line for extreme hp? Is this combo even possible?

yes it is. Has someone led you to believe it is not possible?

:bow:

i hope the 170hp is before turbo? please. lol otherwise learn to build an engine. lol, i will assume for now that was the hp when it was na? ls/vtec is kinda played out, i hate to say it but unless you can get just the vtec head cheap you will waste so much time in makin the block vtec compatable(movin dowels and runnin the oil feed). i would definately consider it tho if i found a head cheap.

Of course that was na…please lets be realistic.

I’m planning the ls/vtec within a year or so and hopfully will have the money to add the turbo on later. One of my friends said not to do both that it was stupid to do both do you have any problems? I heard that lots of turbo’s have oil leaking problems? What does your car run in the quarter w/ both done? Gas mileage?

what compression you got?

ls/vtec turbo…

i think that d block is not built to supply enough oil to lubricate the vtec head,at high RPM, that is one of the problems that i see coming…

anybody with a vtec turbo, are you guys running an LS tranny?

longer gear-ratios can hold the boost longer meaning better times, right?

i noticed the difference when i had a '91 supra turbo and my friend had the same thing, but with a non-turbo tranny and he can always beat me by a car length or so off the line.

both of us had the same mods

Hey well my ls/vtec just got moved up from hopefully in a year to this week! awesome! Well i’m running stock compression. I know its gonna be awhile like a couple of years before i get a turbo on there but i am just getting ready to see what i need thanks for all the help. Does anyone know what the gas milage is on an ls/vtec alone?

Re: ls/vtec turbo…

Originally posted by contreras073
i think that d block is not built to supply enough oil to lubricate the vtec head,at high RPM, that is one of the problems that i see coming…

I don’t have a d block i have a b block but thanks anyways

lol, what is this d-series talk. goto a civic forum, or g1 forum sice the zc motors are pretty much d-series engines. k peace