update on my lsvtec progress.. a few pics.

here’s a pic of the Torque plate i made… i’m needing a USED B series head gasket if anyone here has one… as soon as i get the head gasket, i can get the block bored and assembled so i can put my LSVTEC in my car :slight_smile:

the other 2 pics are of the boring machine and a v8 with its torque plate on.

That is pretty damn cool. I might have to bring my block to you when I am ready to bore it out :smiley:

Later,
BR

Point of the torque plate? To add torque by changing the length of the cylinder?

ok when you bore a block without a head on it its bored perfectly round (or supposed to be anyway) after u bolt on the head it causes slight distortions on the cylinder walls which make it out of round… which u know means bad ring sealing and loss of compression and hp and burning oil… and the use of a Torque plate simulates a torqued down head on the block while its being bored (and stressed cylinder walls the way they will when the head is bolted on) so when the head is torqued down on it, the cylinders are perfect round and best ring seal…

hope that makes sense…
the guy i have doing my block boring builds nascar race motors… and he has an engine dyno that he’s gotten results from using the torque plate to bore the blocks… he says as much as 10% more power than when boring without the torque plate.

ARCHIVETHIS

Later,
BR

lol i thought it was like a spacer for gaining more displacement :stuck_out_tongue:

hey can you make a throttle body spacer? i heard those help, mostly on larger engines, but i wouldnt mind trying one out for cheap.

haha yeah i thought it was like a stroker plate or something… I was gonna say wouldnt that defet the purpose of a high reving motor since you just increased the stroke? might as well bore it out to achive the same thing.

LOL to change displacement like that you would have to make it out of steel, make custom longer rods and stroke the crank.

as far as a TB spacer plate… i could make one no problem. but it takes time… and i’m not quite convinced they do much good…