Urgent!! Need help with leaking water..

Okay so I was cleaning out my engine bay and sprayed water to rinse it off…I went into the car started the engine and turned my heater on and water just started coming out from the passenger floor…wtf??

I searched on this problem but came up with nothing about it.

Okay so i guess if it rains and if I was to turn on my heater, water would just start pouring out from the upper passenger side floor. I am not sure if the problem would be the same without turning on the heater.

Anyone have this problem? What will i need to replace and where can i get it?

Note turn on heater, heard a gentle water flow, then water just starts to flow out from upper passenger side floor. UGH!!

the cowling had these plastic clips that sealed it, they are 20 years old and rotting if they are original.

rotting unless the car was under shade its whole life… even then they might leak still.

is it water or coolant?

i think there is teg tip on this, it is a common problem for DA’s. with mine i took the cowl off and there is a small hole above the air inlet tube, i sealed that hole with fiberglass and let it dry. once it was dry i reassembled the wipers and cowl and it has been good since, and that was about 4 years ago.

-its water

-yea i read the teg tip

-well maybe i’ll try the seal first.

-i remember reading something about the heater core pooping also, cant remember exactly.

try the seal first if you have one or get one from the dealer, the only reason i plugged it with fibeglass was cause i already had some, but i have not had a problem since.

yea, i mind as well give the seal a try first. i hope thats the problem…

if you dont want to spend $32 on all 8 tube seals then just take out the plastic self locking screws and fill in the tube seals with rtv sealant or silicon.

oh yeah forgot to mention that all 8 screws are located on the top area next to the windshield when removing the cowal… you have to remove the second small open on the driverside, the 8 top screws on that are the ones you need to seal.

just follow the teg tip and you should even find the part number for the seals.

previous owner of my DA had lined the cowl and entire windshield with silicone.

only problem is the crap that gets melted into the silicone and the loss of access to under the cowl. seals great though, if your car is a beater i would just can the OEM seal idea and go with the above posters idea of RTV in the actual seals. if youre looking for that icy hot stunna stylez, go OEM.

haha^^ I just ordered the 8 seals today, thanks all for the advice…Im going to get to work on once its nice outside (april showers here in Cali).

[QUOTE=da6xsi06;2136609]if you dont want to spend $32 on all 8 tube seals then just take out the plastic self locking screws and fill in the tube seals with rtv sealant or silicon.

oh yeah forgot to mention that all 8 screws are located on the top area next to the windshield when removing the cowal… you have to remove the second small open on the driverside, the 8 top screws on that are the ones you need to seal.

just follow the teg tip and you should even find the part number for the seals.[/QUOTE]

You paid $32 for those. I got them all for $20 from the acura dealership

yeah I paid like $32 for em. didnt really have a choice and the prices are a little more higher along with taxes in the LA area county i got them in Cerritos. I was shocked but i figured $32 is better than haveing about 1" of water splashing back and forth in the passanger side.

Yeah the $32 is well worth not having water on your passenger floor

so all 8 need to be sealed? i thought just the 2 above the air inlet itself, that would explain why two different types of sealant hasn’t completely solved my leak yet haha. i guess i’m gonna do it the right way and order them up from acura.

might as well replace all 8 seals while you’re at it.

It would be dumb to only replace two of the 8 while it’s all apart. Replace them all and remember to get some kind of weather strip to seal the second plastic cover because the old seal is going to come apart when you remove it

i just did this…i ordered all 8 seals…did it a week ago and its rained twice…no more leaks for me, and i used to get about 2 or 3 inches in my floor…excellent tip :rockon:

i feel you, not to mention the stink of wet carpet.

yea i pulled all the carpet out of the car b/c of all the water…it ruined it

got this shit fixed…so i guess it was my seals after all…