Using my current lsd in a type r swap

What’s up guys my motor in my b18c 93 integra recently seized because the oil pump stopped pumping. The motor is from a 95 jdm gsr with LSD tranny. The transmission was in fine working order but I was about to change the bushings and get a short shifter as there was a lot of play while it was in gear. But no popouts or grinds.im about to buy a 98 spec type r motor only and I wanna know if I can reuse my trans as I can’t really afford to spend any more than necessary

Should swap over fine. If I were you, though, I’d get the full Type-R swap, including transmission. If you get that, and sell your current LSD trans, you can probably get a good amount of money for it. Those transmissions are fairly sought after, and as long as they’re in good working order, they go for a nice price.

The ITR has a strong differential and better gear ratios.

It’s up to you, but if it were me, I’d get the Type-R transmission, too. Just my $.02 :wink:

Thanks for the reply and information!

Any b-series trans will bolt up to any b-series motor…

In short, yes you can re-use your gsr transmission.

the only major difference between the two really is gear ratios… both got oem lsd and are hydraulic… the type r has better syncrhos and a higher final drive but a gsr/lsd is just as good as a “R” tranny…

Thanks for the replies guys. I’m going to go with a full swap tranny and all, what’s a fair price to sell my LSD tranny in good working order. I believe it’s an s80