"VISION" Cap & Rotor (v.s) "MSD"??

[SIZE=2][SIZE=3]I have long had an MSD cap, rotor, and external coil on my car. I am due for a new cap and rotor and I see one on EBay made by “Vision”. I don’t imagine MSD is so much better then this other brand, but I just wanted to check if anyone has dealt with the “Vision” brand ignition products before??[/SIZE][/SIZE]

My question is why do you have an MSD and external coil?

because they are clear red and look cool…

use the default font settings please…

[QUOTE=trinidad;2291816][SIZE=2][SIZE=3]I have long had an MSD cap, rotor, and external coil on my car. I am due for a new cap and rotor and I see one on EBay made by “Vision”. I don’t imagine MSD is so much better then this other brand, but I just wanted to check if anyone has dealt with the “Vision” brand ignition products before??[/SIZE][/SIZE][/QUOTE]Got a link, i just spent 5min. trying to google Vision ign. system components and got nadda.

MSD has been around for a very long time it is a proven system, I do not trust anything I can not find the home site for by Googling, for MSD all you need to do is Google MSD, the first thing that comes up is their home site. 94

Because when I first got the car the internal coil would not last much more then a year and it was changed out twice. I have had the car since 2001 and went with the MSD set up a couple years later. Since I put the MSD cap, rotor, and external coil the problem instantly disappeared. I understand not everyone has experienced the weak coil problem, but I did and thats when I changed it over.

i would like to say that vision and VMS are the same company

the font that their logo is written in is pretty much identical and i cant seem to find what the V in VMS stands for. almost as though VMS isnt an acronym. vision motor sports possibly?

http://www.vms-racing.com/

If using an MSD ignition system solved your problem… I’d say it’s worth the money to use the same products again versus buying an “ebay” product… yes MSD is expensive, but it’s obviously doing the job correctly.

Either way though, I still think an OE coil and cap is the best way to go. If you had coils failing that often, sounds like you were getting poor coils.

I see rotors, caps, leads and a coil bracket, but no coils, so I am guessing they are not the same company, if they were, ther would be no reason for VMS not to use their name/logo. 94