Vortech Fmu

can someone explain to me how the Vortech FMU works and how much it costs and where it is available. I know how a basic FPR works, but what is the deal with the Vortech? Oh yeah, and if anyone has any complaints about it, let me know that too…

Thanks

Re: Vortech Fmu

Originally posted by Shaun Ladd
[B]can someone explain to me how the Vortech FMU works and how much it costs and where it is available. I know how a basic FPR works, but what is the deal with the Vortech? Oh yeah, and if anyone has any complaints about it, let me know that too…

Thanks [/B]

im learning about fuel management and afaik it raises the fuel pressure a certain amount for every pound of boost. the 12:1 unit raises your fuel pressure 12psi for every 1 psi of boost. the 8:1 unit raises it 8psi for every 1 psi of boost, etc.

they are around $150 each, and if you want to change the ratio you can buy an upgrade kit for like $30 direct at http://www.vortechsuperchargers.com or your favorite turbo parts store.

now i know you need to deal with the map sensor- with either a bypass or whatever device, but then what about the timing? is an afc required? does a standalone or hondata do all this for you?

when is ignition and fuel injector/pumps required? im starting at 5-8psi max.