Wanting bigger rotors?

Ok so im wanting bigger rotors for my DA but im not sure if im wanting to do the caliper swap. Now i know there is a kit for the rear from fastbrakes. Now is there a kit that i can use that will give me a bigger front rotor with keeping the stock caliper?

This is what im thinking my brake setup will be.

Reman calipers all 4
SS brake lines
ATF blue brake fluid
Hawk pads or some sort of track pad
Brembo blanks or something along those lines
1’ MC from an ITR or a GSR with ABS
Booster from either one if i need it??? Help me on this part?? Not sure if needed

LEt me know if you know of a kit or if that sounds like a good setup?

i think its powerslot that makes an adapter that uses your stock calipers and pads with a bigger rotor. the booster and master cylinder aren’t needed for this setup.

ok so my stock booster would work, but is it an ok idea to get the 1’ MC.

requires a larger wheel though. at least a 17 per the website.

i currently run these on my 91 LS, front and rear (with OEM calipers, & SS lines), and have had no problems for several years:

http://www.cimotorsports.net/motor-sport-products/tenzo-r-big-brake-rotor-kit-92-95-honda-civic.html

those listed are obviously shown for a civic, but they used to make a kit for the integra applications as well. i believe tenzo bought the design off of AEM years ago.

not trying to jack the thread, but i may or maynot have a brand new set of these for the front. exactly what you are looking for.

please send me an email and we can talk.

~bryan

garmonb@zhi.com

Yep, as Redteg said, Powerslot makes a 12" kit for our cars, they are 2 piece rotors that are slotted, comes with caliper and brake line relocation brackets. They say you need a 17" wheel to run, but 16"s made for fitting larger brakes should/might work.

And the Hawk HPS pad is great for street use and some spirited driving.

so there is nothing i can get that would just run my stock caliper upfront with larger rotors. Just like the kit on fastbrakes? Now if i got a type r caliper could i run a larger rotor?

ITR rotor is 282mm diameter.

non-ITR rotors are 262mm diameter… so yes.

ok and those just bolt right on correct and i can run, and 11" rotor correct

the rotors are not bolt on.

ok - now i am confused. what exactly are you asking? you want a kit that bolts on, larger rotors, using OEM calipers? = fastbrakes, AEM, tenzo, powerslot also makes a kit. these are all basicly the same.

ok that is what i was asking. Thank you

You can use the 05 crv/RSX-s rotor redrilled and make your own extension bracket. This give you 11.8" rotors.

thats sounds decent. How hard is it to make that extension

no… do not ever redrill rotors to fit your car. not only is there no way you would ever get the holes in alignment of center, you risk losing structural integrity and the rotor will warp, crack, or even possibly come apart at high speed.

why do you need bigger rotors anyway. i have the stock four wheel disc setup with ceramic/metallic pads. this car stops on a dime. besides, if you are not going to replace the caliper you will see no benefit from using larger rotors. if you want to do this, then do it right. replace both parts.

too bad all the invalid points you stated are proven false.

Safety of Redrilled brake rotors - Honda-Tech

um… that’s just some idiot who claims to be a brake expert. i completed a honda training program (p.a.c.t.). my information is directly from honda. i think honda knows more about its own products than that guy. we covered re-drilled rotors, because it is a problem we may encounter as a technician.

brakes have to endure a lot of heat. uniformity in the metal is key to keeping it from warping. metal expands when it is hot. if there are holes in the metal that are not uniformly distributed, the heat expansion will not be even. this will cause warpage. the cracking apart comes into play under the same circumstance. whenever you drill metal, there will be microfractures. if you continually apply heat and then let the metal cool, which happens every time you drive and then park a car, these microfractures will expand. the larger they get the faster they expand. i have seen a fragmented disk in person. a well equipped machine shop can re-drill a rotor. you cannot safely re-drill it yourself.

honda-tech.com is not an official honda site, therefore the information cannot be trusted as fact.

[QUOTE=modu03;2001005]um… that’s just some idiot who claims to be a brake expert. i completed a honda training program (p.a.c.t.). my information is directly from honda. i think honda knows more about its own products than that guy. we covered re-drilled rotors, because it is a problem we may encounter as a technician.

brakes have to endure a lot of heat. uniformity in the metal is key to keeping it from warping. metal expands when it is hot. if there are holes in the metal that are not uniformly distributed, the heat expansion will not be even. this will cause warpage. the cracking apart comes into play under the same circumstance. whenever you drill metal, there will be microfractures. if you continually apply heat and then let the metal cool, which happens every time you drive and then park a car, these microfractures will expand. the larger they get the faster they expand. i have seen a fragmented disk in person. a well equipped machine shop can re-drill a rotor. you cannot safely re-drill it yourself.

honda-tech.com is not an official honda site, therefore the information cannot be trusted as fact.[/QUOTE]

and brake pads are applied to the rotor hats huh?

and who said anyone was redrilling rotors themselves? did I or anyone else mention that in this thread?