West End Alignement (Article + Pics inside)

i think im gonna hold off until i make a final decision, which is probably never. ive played with more than a few settings and that would suck if i didnt like what he set it to. i pay a local guy like 15bucks since ive gone so often. changing tires, suspension, accidents etc. add up to quite a few alignments.

any input on roadrace vs autox settings? im especially in conflict with keeping my front st sway. ive taken it on and off several times…

im surprised about his suggestion for camber tho. wouldnt you want less camber in the rear to induce more oversteer for autox?

Re: West End Alignement (Article + Pics inside)

Originally posted by Armaan
[B]http://www.overboost.com/story_intro.asp?id=1124

West End: (310) 808-9233 [/B]

hm you gotta buy a membership to access the article now =/

Well, since I was out in SoCal and my car is so fucked up, I decided to give West End a try.

Before I went to West End, the car pulled to the right under braking. The steering wheel never stayed consistently on center. It had nearly -2.5* of negative caster on the right front wheel. High speed cornering felt very unstable. Needless to say, my car was a problem case.

Well, Darrin got to work, and never in my entire life have I seen someone so precise and honest about car repair. He unbolted both of the front crossmembers, tweaking them and constantly measuring in an attempt to correct the caster problem I was having. I could acutally see how far the wheel moved forward in the wheel well when he was done. He also was able to get the steering wheel to damn near exact center. He adjusted camber and toe for a car that is more of a daily driver than a dedicated racer.

When he was done, not only was the pull under braking totally eliminated, but the car felt so much more stable and handled much better than it ever had before. After being told be several other computer align shops and the shop that did the accident repairs that there was no way to correct my car, I finally found someone that was willing to put forth the effort to make it drive right again. He spent nearly 4 hours on my car, and didn’t really charge me a whole lot for the amount of work he did.

I higly recommend West End. The service is outstanding and Darrin’s attention to detail is second to none.

Just went here today, would never go anywhere else now 100 bucks for front and rear alignment great shop.

Unfortunately I don’t think I’ll be able to get an appointment before my track day and will probably have to go elsewhere :frowning: But yeah, West End is the BEST!

I wish we had a place like that up here in nor.cal as i cant get any place th get my rhd done right

You should start talking to local road racers and autocrossers. They’ve got to have the inside scoop on someone who knows what they’re doing.

I dony know any one in to that up here but I am sure there is a place some were