What chip to use???

I have A 90 ls. I took some off the head to raise compression running about ten to one now. put in crower stage three cams with cam gears. Got AEM fuel rail and regulator. Upgraded the fuel pump and got a chip from Gude performance. With all that my ECU does not seem to know what to do. Anyone know what or where i can get a chip to smooth things out. I do have a Apex-i SAFC but i was told that might not do it. I wish i had more money to get a stand alone unit. Any ideas would be great. Thanks a bunch.

if i understand correctly you should upgrade to obd-1. then you can go with something like a “chip” If I were you, i would convert to obd-1 and get hondata s100, as long as their is someone in your area that can tune it.

how about a piggyback unit. i have a apexi safc. would that help anything or do i still need to do the obd1 conversion. I just want a good idle. It searches all the time going up to 120rpm and droping back to 800. Back and fourth back and fourth.

you idle is prolly messed up because of the cam timing events. but you have stage 3’s… so its kinda expected… maybe you just need to adjust the idle screw on the intake.

lean it out at idle and it shoudl help a bit. afc can do that… a chiped ecu like the mugen or spoon will just dump more fuel into your car…

simplest thing to do is to get an OBD0 chiping system and find a tuner that tunes it… however, obd1 systems are much more readily available, and its easier to find a tuner that knows how to use hondata or crome

Thanks a bunch!!!