what do i need to convert a obd2 b16 to obd0

whats up guys my cousins going to sell me a obd2 b16 and i want to make it obd0 for now so do i just have to get a obd0 b16 ecu and distrubutor. but if i need to do other stuff any info will be helpful. thanks

i believe you will need an ecu conversion harness…

Your going to need jdm p30 ecu which is hard to find nowadays, youll have to run obd0 injectors alternator and distributor. You dont
Need a jumper harness since you would be running the obdo ecu. But i highly suggest u just run it obd1

I’m currently running a obd2 B16A on my OBD0 teg. Like Generation2 said you need to use the OBD0 injectors, (not sure on alternator) and you’ll need to find a rareish OBD0 Vtec distributor (or cut off two legs off a non-vtec distributor). You can use a PR3 ecu also, which is what I’m using. I also ran into a problem with power steering as the connections were different. You will also need to add a couple wires from the ECU to to the vtec components.

Just go here http://forums.g2ic.com/tegtips/engine/Engine_Swap_Guide.doc and read up

You can reuse you old alternator, reuse your wire harness injectors also like people have said you’ll need an OBD-0 Vtec §§§§§ and PR-3 ecu.

PS: I have both a chiped PR-3 ECU and obd-0 b16 §§§§§ both witch came off my personal car that I don’t use any more as I converted to OBD-1 with Hondata.

Shoot me an offer for both if you are interested.

thanks guys but i went to check the motor out and looks my cousin didnt know anything about it but its actually a jdm obd0 b16 engine but thanks for the info guys

[QUOTE=dew1989;2223214]I’m currently running a obd2 B16A on my OBD0 teg. Like Generation2 said you need to use the OBD0 injectors, (not sure on alternator) and you’ll need to find a rareish OBD0 Vtec distributor (or cut off two legs off a non-vtec distributor). You can use a PR3 ecu also, which is what I’m using. I also ran into a problem with power steering as the connections were different. You will also need to add a couple wires from the ECU to to the vtec components.

Just go here http://forums.g2ic.com/tegtips/engine/Engine_Swap_Guide.doc and read up[/QUOTE]

hey dew1989 and b16da9 do you guys like the b16 better than the ls motor just want to get your input on it

I loved my B16 back when I had it, then again I had the corresponding b16 S1 transmission to go along with it. I’m now running a JDM obd2 B18C which I like a hell of a lot better.

Compared to my LS, the B16 is sooooooooooooooooooo much fun. The Vtec and 8200 redline is a thrill in itself. I initially just ran my LS tranny, which wasn’t the greatest performance wise as it would seem to rev forever (due to the increased redline). I have since got a short geard Y1 transmission with Cusco LSD; it’s a total blast! It may not be the fastest motor out there, but it’s a lot of fun none the less… Except be prepared for less hill-climbing-torqueness :stuck_out_tongue:

alright thanks for your opinions guys

im not sure about needing to run the stock obd0 injectors, I had a jdm b18c itr swap and had my obd0 injector plugs cut and the obd2 plugs sodered into my harness. Ran it with a obd0 b16 distributor and chipped pw0, you will need to use your ressistor box for the injectors. I basically had my obd0 plugs cot off and the new obd2 plugs soderd so my harness could plug and play with the 00 obd2 itr swap. I just kept the original harness plugs and the obd0 distributor plugs stock. My itr swap was running like a jdm obd0 b16a, and i used the 00 alternatore also…

If I was you and couldnt convert my obd0 harness from obd0 chassy and obd2 engine then contact rywire and they can make one for you. just tell them your plans and what your going to run with the engine.

you save your self the money from buying jumper harness for a obd conversion to obd0 & obd2. and the obd0 ecu is easier to tune with less check engine lights from the obd1-2.

[QUOTE=da6xsi06;2223431]im not sure about needing to run the stock obd0 injectors, I had a jdm b18c itr swap and had my obd0 injector plugs cut and the obd2 plugs sodered into my harness. Ran it with a obd0 b16 distributor and chipped pw0, you will need to use your ressistor box for the injectors. I basically had my obd0 plugs cot off and the new obd2 plugs soderd so my harness could plug and play with the 00 obd2 itr swap. I just kept the original harness plugs and the obd0 distributor plugs stock. My itr swap was running like a jdm obd0 b16a, and i used the 00 alternatore also…

If I was you and couldnt convert my obd0 harness from obd0 chassy and obd2 engine then contact rywire and they can make one for you. just tell them your plans and what your going to run with the engine.

you save your self the money from buying jumper harness for a obd conversion to obd0 & obd2. and the obd0 ecu is easier to tune with less check engine lights from the obd1-2.[/QUOTE]

I only said to run the obd-0 injectors to keep it simple for him. He can run any injectors he wants hell he can run S2K injectors like im doing he just need to wire the car correctly.

true true, Im blinde sometimes. Can you run s2k injectors on a B engine? Whats the flow rate compared to the stock 290cc B injectores.

S2k Injectors are 360CC

Im doing a obd2 b16 in my obd0 Da. Im going from obd2 to obd0. Do I need to us the old intake manifiold from the LS motor ?

One thing you need to remember is that the engine is not OBD specific THE CAR IS.

Dajake: you dont need to change the Intake manifold first of because the one the engine is fine and second because the LS manifold will not work. Here is what you need to do to keep the swap simple for you.

Reuse the stuff bellow from your old motor.

di$tributor
injectors
engine harness
alternator
intermidiate shaft and axels

What you will need to buy is a PR-3 B16 ecu and B16 distributor once you do that it will be an easy swap. Also if you need a B16 ecu and OBD-0 B16 §§§§§ I have them both from my old set up. If you are interested in them send me an email at b16da9@bellsouth.net as I don’t visit this forum a lot anymore.