What do you guys use as an alternative for power antennas?

So I’ve owned the teg since 1993 and replaced the antenna “mast” like 5 times due to wear and tear. I would absolutely change it out the 6th time but now the teeth gears in the motor assembly is wearing out. I really love the OG look on the car but now I have to find an alternative. They don’t stock anymore of those at the dealer anymore too.

If I do go the alternative route, I would probably have the antenna concealed and not have any stubby antenna. What do you guys use?

I got an antenna out of a newer integra from a junkyard and used that one. I think one out of an accord would work also. The plug is the same , but I think i had to switch a couple of the wires.

The “newer integra” would be the 94? Which car did you switch a couple of wires? The teg or the accord?

I’ve been eyeing this for the last couple years but haven’t pulled the trigger yet.

http://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/e2-power-antenna-36-in-0350102p.html#srp

You could use a concealed powered antenna. A friend of mine has his just behind the rear seat in front of the rear drivers side speaker. He used the power wire from the original antenna and pulled the antenna wire over the wheel well to make the connection. There are a few options on Amazon, search " powered car antenna ".

Thanks guys for the input and the pics. So I dissected the original power antenna and noticed that one of the gears are wearing out. (Its the gear that contacts the Mast.) No wonder my brand new mast wasn’t catching. So off to the junkyard I went and found a 1999 integra with the gears still in great condition. I wasn’t sure if the 1999 gear would be the same as my 1991. The yard changed their policy that you can’t bring your old part to compare. Luckily, they matched perfectly!! The “guts” of the newer tegs are the same as the older models. Installed it and it worked like brand spanking new! I actually took snatched another gear from a 1997 teg and in great condition. I will save that one the next time the gear I installed will give out which I predict will be 10 years or so.

Thought this might help whoever want to preserve the original look.

Good to hear it works man, good future reference.

Glad it worked for you