what happens when...

what’s up guys. i’m helping my buddy rebuild his 96 LS and i had a few questions. i know it’s not a 2nd gen, but this is the only site i’ve ever actually gotten reliable integra information off of.

first off, he wants to put pr3s in his block on stock rods. he already has stage 2 cams. these are the only 2 ‘internal’ upgrades he has. he also has dc sport 4-1 headers and full 2 1/4 exhaust, aem short ram intake, b&m fuel pressure regulator set at 42 lbs at idle, and walbro 255 fuel pump.

1. will there be any clearance problems with the pr3s AND stage 2 cams?
  2. will he see noticable power gains throughout the whole power band or just mid and top end?
  3. can he run this setup on a stock ecu?

and most importantly…
4. is it going to be a reliable daily driver or just another seasonal motor?

Thanks

1. no, a bunch of people run pr3’s with stage 3 cams.
  2. the whole powerband will feel stronger but with the larger cams and higher compression your car powerband may be moved up slightly.
  3. i would not advise this, you will not make the power you potentionally have and you risk damaging your motor.
  4. there is no reason you coluldn’t daily drive this motor.

what kind of ecu does he need to run that won’t break the bank? also, what kind of hp and tq are we lookin at here if he’s fully tuned?

talk to xenocron in the sponsors section about chipped hondata ecus and pricing.

it seems like hes running really rich at 42 lbs at idle, im runnin 29lbs at idle. 39lbs at WOT. and thats stock. you could prolly lean it out a bit as it is and itll be a better mixture.

and to be honest the higher compression will only add a few like 5-10 more HP then what it is currently capable of. but i cant give you exact numbers on what its runnin because i dont know how the motor has been treated and what kind of condition it is in.

most na ls guys with high compression are fighting for 170hp… i think ljoe got 165hp out of his setup.

whats up…this is my motor we are talkin about…my friend told yall the few simple bolt ons i had…on the dyno i have 203whp how it was without the pr3’3

how much nitrous were you spraying?

none

Originally posted by mugenac92:
he already has stage 2 cams. these are the only 2 ‘internal’ upgrades he has. he also has dc sport 4-1 headers and full 2 1/4 exhaust, aem short ram intake, b&m fuel pressure regulator set at 42 lbs at idle, and walbro 255 fuel pump.

203 whp with just this?? I call BS.:bs:

140-150 whp I could bring myself to believe, but not 203 with stock compression and “stage 2” cams.

My friend that’s helping me with my motor used to have a 92 DA that pushed 200 on the dyno with no internals at all…just every bolt-on imaginable except cams. I saw the dyno with my own eyes and he still has the printout. No nitrous btw. Call bullshit if you want, but I know what the dyno slip said. I might not be able to put a motor together, but I can read.

most stock B18 run about what 120-125 whp stock. so that would be 75-85 whp gained from bolt ons. wow, and all these members have been wasting their money on cams, pistons, headwork, turbos, intake manifolds to get a measly 150-175 whp. Please enlighten us with your uber productive approach to building fast cars. That would put your car at around 240 flywheel horsepower with bolt ons. That’s what S2000s put out stock. pretty impressive.:umno:

that pushed 200 on the dyno with no internals at all

not possible, i don’t care if you “saw the dyno”. those kinds of gains might be possible in a high displacement v8, but in 1.8 liter 4 cylinder? there isn’t THAT much restriction throughout the entire system to hold back that much power. never. i bet this guy had one of those sweet aftermarket throttle rotors too?

shit somebody should have told honda this great info, it would have saved them millions in the fight for the most hp per liter that they accomplished in the production of the s2000. 112 hp/liter with 9:1 compression, damn that is amazing.
ljoe: do you search for your name like a n00b? ahahah.

no, i just happened to be browsing the assistance forum this morning and read what was posted above and couldn’t help myself.