What have been the best valves in your motor set ups?

So it’s crunch time and I’m looking and basicly can not decide between two dif sets of. Valves I’m thinking either ferrea valves or supertech. but if any of you guys have insight or your personal reviews I would like to hear it? Thanks

You’re safe with both of those brands.

Peronally I have had great experience with OEM (duh) and Skunk2 valves.

My biggest worry, besides brand, are the titanium retainers and how quickly they wear. They flatten due to the pressure on them and need replacing much sooner than OE ones.

Really because I have in both my heads titanium def didn’t know they wear fast good helpful hint I just wanna make shure before order this is for my na Gsr da build nothing too special lol

titanium retainers wear… quickly?

Yup, type “Titanium Retainers vs Steel” into Google… there are massive amounts of threads on the subject.

Titanium has a high tensile strength… but it is not as strong as steel. High valve lift along with high spring-seat pressure will flatten out titanium retainers quicker than stock steel units.

I’m not saying they’ll fail in the first 5k miles… But they will not last 200k+ miles like a stock unit.

Like I said, research the subject and buy accordingly what you feel comfortable with.

Well thanks because I will look it up and read about it I love this website for that reason usually anytime ya search google g2ic pops up lol

interesting… i wasnt aware the retainers were a wear item…

now i know =D

I know that’s boss I ask one thing and learn another I love g2ic good info and people thanks guys

im using supertech nitrated flat valves, supertech springs, BC steel retainers. with pro3 cams

you will hear stories about the supertech valves, there are a couple diffent valves people market. most of the suppliers will market the cheap valves in the same price range as the performace valves. so when you buy the valves and the 200f dont buy them, you want at least the 100f(flat) or the 1000(dished). ive been running my 100f valves for about 6 years now in the same head and they have held up fine, even with an over rev. i bent the valves and they still didnt break.

I ended up going ferrea flat 1000 series I think and there valve guides
But thanks for the info supertech stuff is legit!

keepers, valves, retainers wear… any of those fail and kiss your motor goodbuy
valve springs & seats can wear but I’ve yet to see any trend of them failing.

ferrea flat face valves aren’t worth it IMHO… flat faced but also heavy compared to other brands. Also from a relible souce who is big in the head honda porting business say that the 5000 series flow for shit. Get the 6000series or comp series , otherwise stay with stock valves.