What Is This Piece On The Back Of Dash Cluster?

So, long story short, I didn’t want to mess with my ‘stock’ gauge cluster; so I bought one from a junkyard. However, when I got it back, I noticed this ‘extra’ piece. My stock gauge (the one without the extra clipped on piece) doesn’t have that. It appears to be plugged into a bulb socket, and has a plug on the board (the board just kinda ‘clips’ there, doesn’t actually touch the main cluster electronically except that bulb that’s running into it. Any clue what that does? Came from a 3-door integra, mine is a 4-door.

The clusters:

http://i.imgur.com/kiVWg6n.jpg

what does that bulb light up on the other side? take bulb out and put flash light through hole to see what message says. I dont have my car in front of me to check but coulb be ABS light or maybe cruise control if you didnt have thos on your original car

My personal guess was Cruise Control. I don’t have it, and I noticed the car I pulled it from did (so, stay tuned for the “how bad and what all do I need to swap cruise in” thread); which is why I was interested in this module. The light doesn’t look to be lighting anything, at least when I took it out at the junkyard and held it up to the sun, I couldn’t see anything in the empty hole – that’s what made me curious. Maybe it just wasn’t bright enough to? I’ll try to hit it with a bright light later at night, and see what I get.

If I remember correctly that piece is the top lighting. There are backlights for the gauges but also a bulb or two that illuminate the cluster from the top. The wire you see is carrying power from the cluster to the bulbs in the top piece.

Just take it apart and it’ll be obvious what it is.

[QUOTE=Colin;2331165]If I remember correctly that piece is the top lighting. There are backlights for the gauges but also a bulb or two that illuminate the cluster from the top. The wire you see is carrying power from the cluster to the bulbs in the top piece.

Just take it apart and it’ll be obvious what it is.[/QUOTE]

No, that’s in both of them. I’m talking about the extra giant clipped on thing in the middle of the cluster, with a yellow plug. :stuck_out_tongue:

Ah, that piece… It’s your “cruise control indicator dimming circuit”. You can get more info by checking out Chapter 23 in your Helms manual.