What shocks mated with H&R Race Springs?

I know the Koni Yellows work, but are there any cheaper shocks out there that would work just as well? I don’t necessarilly really want adjustables, but it seems like the non-adjustables (like GR2’s) can’t handle the drop. Also, AGX’s won’t work either, right?

I have Neuspeed Race with Tokico blues and they don’t seem adequate. You’ll likely have the same problem with these shocks and HR Race springs.

I have AGX’s on all around with H&R Sports. They work quite well with this setup.

I’m pretty sure the H&R Race springs dont have as high a spring rate as the Neuspd. Race springs (500F/450R)

Besides Koni, I feel the Illumina’s are the next best thing for our cars.

Originally posted by Basta_Driber
I have AGX’s on all around with H&R Sports.

Are you using the 89-91 Civic shocks?

If the race springs are 2" like Neuspeed Race then don’t go AGX. The warranty on those lasts up to a 1.5" drop, anything lower, and its void. Illuminas don’t have that kind of drop limit and neither do Koni. I just wouldn’t go Illumina based on what is said about the blues, just my opinion.

Stew :up:

Are the Illumina’s adjustable or not? what should I expect to pay for them. Can they handle a 2"+ drop?

i have some tociko blue shocks with my h&r’s and i dont feel no problem with my ride:D

i have tokico blues and h+r and there great. get the tokico’s

Originally posted by Ekliptix
Are the Illumina’s adjustable or not? what should I expect to pay for them. Can they handle a 2"+ drop?

Yes they are adjustable, 5 settings just like AGX.

When i was in the market for shocks, cheapest I found for them were $480 shipped from GroupBuyCenter.

Originally posted by ls_vtec_b18a1
i have tokico blues and h+r and there great. get the tokico’s

Originally posted by 90WhiteTegBoy
i have some tociko blue shocks with my h&r’s and i dont feel no problem with my ride:D

:werd: same setup h&r sport + tociko blues :up: :up:

I have H&R Race springs with AGX in the front and GR2 in the rear. Its a very nice ride.

Originally posted by SE-37K
Are you using the 89-91 Civic shocks?

Yeah. They fit perfectly. Just installed them about a month ago. Ordered them from Tire Rack for $85.00 each.

Originally posted by C.K. James
I have H&R Race springs with AGX in the front and GR2 in the rear. Its a very nice ride.

How long have you had this set-up? I’ve always heard the AGX and GR2’s couldn’t handle race springs…

Originally posted by G2Integrity
How long have you had this set-up? I’ve always heard the AGX and GR2’s couldn’t handle race springs…

I have only had them for around two weeks. they are a great ride. I had a couple friends, both with lowered Tegs, take a ride in it, and they said that the ride was great also.