What type of headers for B20B with B16 head?

Hey guys i know their is a ton of info on this subject and i have searched , really i have , and i have my moments where i need an answer like a five year old would understand…haha I own a 1990 Integra Ls with a B20B and i have yet to install the B16 head i have waiting to be port and polished and i have other components i still need to get before attempt my first install, i am not a mechanic , but i am not afraid to get my hands dirty and feel proud of building it myself :rockon: my question is what kind of headers do i need? Is it headers for a 1990 Integra Ls? or headers for B16? it may be simple to understand for those of you more experienced , i’m still alittle confused. Any help would be appreciated. thanks in advance

You’re going to need a b series header that will be both long enough for the b20 block and has a collector that will clear the crossmember. Many b16 specific headers are not long enough to clear the larger block. A header for the a GSR or ITR(for example) would work out quite well for you.
If you have the money, Hytech, Comptech, and Bisimoto are the top 3 of my personal list of choices.
If you go with the larger collector, you’ll either need to notch out the crossmember or get a traction bar like the ETD Racing unit.

Hope that helps.

[QUOTE=VtecDB1inRVA;2143119]You’re going to need a b series header that will be both long enough for the b20 block and has a collector that will clear the crossmember. Many b16 specific headers are not long enough to clear the larger block. A header for the a GSR or ITR(for example) would work out quite well for you.
If you have the money, Hytech, Comptech, and Bisimoto are the top 3 of my personal list of choices.
If you go with the larger collector, you’ll either need to notch out the crossmember or get a traction bar like the ETD Racing unit.

Hope that helps.[/QUOTE]

so if i am understanding this correctly i would need a Header for a B18 block which would be what came with my 1990 Interga Ls , right? (except get one that fits a GSR or ITR, not LS) even though i will eventually install the B16 head i have waiting… this is my daily driver i forgot to mention

Here are some part numbers to look into:

DC Sports 1 piece ceramic: AHC6507

Skunk2 Steel: 412-05-0900

Edelbrock Pro-Flo 1 piece: 47522

There are actually 3 more DC sports, a Vibrant, and a couple others, but these tend to be the most popular. All should fit your situation quite nicely. On a side note if working on a budget I would run with the DC ceramic as it’s one of the cheapest, cost wise.

thanx for the info i will look into these options

It’s not a problem. If you need some more info or are looking for pricing, just shoot me an email or call the store.

(440) 812-9186