where can I buy jdm orange bumper lenses?

Originally posted by 92BLACKGS
you gotta paint…so easy- here’s mine:

did you use the tamiya paint? looks dark…

btw, the tamiya model is X-26: CLEAR ORANGE

heres mine but i didnt use tamiya…i used testors model paint…it came out more amber than orange which i like.

91 frost teg - did u find Testors clear orange? or what?
they look nice though… hehe. what would match amber side markers best? since testors came out more amber… would tamiya match better?

Originally posted by tegboi
91 frost teg - did u find Testors clear orange? or what?
they look nice though… hehe. what would match amber side markers best? since testors came out more amber… would tamiya match better?

IMO the tamiya is very orange and not amber enough. maybe the tamiya users might have to put a few more coars on the lens. i put 3 or 4 on mine and they came out pretty amber. i found the testors at the local hobby store forl ike 2.50 or so. HTH and good luck with the job.

Originally posted by 91 Frost Teg
IMO the tamiya is very orange and not amber enough. maybe the tamiya users might have to put a few more coars on the lens. i put 3 or 4 on mine and they came out pretty amber. i found the testors at the local hobby store forl ike 2.50 or so. HTH and good luck with the job.

yea… but what color testors paint did you use? cause im afraid that if i use testors - orange, that it may make it so light wont go though at all…

Originally posted by 91 Frost Teg

really? i only put 2-3 coats on mine and it looks very rich and bright. it really stands out… probably cuz my car is white. ill post some pics later. btw, i rubbed down and polished both teh inside and outside before painting…

should i paint inside? so any little thing wont chip or damage the paint? and so if i need to clean them wiht some liquids, the paint wont fade? ima buy paint today in a bit… so ima buy tamiya clear orange…
do i really need all those grits of sand paper that is listed? or can i get like… 250, 400, 600, and final like. 1200? or sumthin? instead of like… 7 different grits…
and ima pick up some of the turtle wax compound later also…

sorry to not answer your question tegboi. it is testors clear orange. if you just get the regualr model paint light wont shine through and it will have an ugly matte finish. so once again its the clear

i gotta redo em… i mean one more coat… hehehe
gotta have em a lito bit more amber…