where can I buy jdm orange bumper lenses?

-jdm bumper lenses-
Know of any site that sells them, new/used…the best I can find is an orange film spray that sells for $30. Can somebody post a link?thnks

tamiya x-26 paint

sells for 2.30 or so and a 10 cent sponge brush :slight_smile:

all done and the finished product

I thought about that…and also I have that paint, but it’s just that my clear lenses right now are pretty knicked and worn from rocks on the road and what not…so I need a new set anyway. If I can’t find a set of the jdm lenses then I’m definately gonna buy a set of new clear ones then paint them myself.

How did you paint them?..brush or airbrush?

nice teg you got there…everything aligns pretty well, plus the clean look

i used a sponge brush, so theres no streaks, my lenses to were knicked and what not but you cant tell anyway

Thanks for the complements, i have jdm sidemarkers too so it matches well

i did 2 coats on lenses, i was very happy with finished product for the price, not worth the 30 bucks for the jdm’s imo

lookin good Jetswu. Your car looks white in that, wtf! Damn, I was gonna do that until my lenses broke.

my car looks white wowo your going :crazy:

here are mines

and that has lasted me threw rain days, ever wash till this day, which was like 3 or 5 months ago

for 16 id rather pickup some 3m or meguiar’s plastic cleaner and polish and restore em myself (check teh teg tips one piece restoration)

cool…

I guess I’ll just go ahead and go with the tamia paint. Thanks for the tip…you guys did a nice job on the lenses–can’t tell if they’re jdm or not. Do you guys paint the inside? or outside?

Re: cool…

Originally posted by blackDB1
I guess I’ll just go ahead and go with the tamia paint. Thanks for the tip…you guys did a nice job on the lenses–can’t tell if they’re jdm or not. Do you guys paint the inside? or outside?

i did outside, if u want u can put a clearcoat after they dry

archivethis

what exactly was the procedure on painting the lenses? did you sand them, swab them w/ alcohol, or anything first? and i have looked everywhere for that paint, does anyone have a pic of the container so i know exactly what i’m looking for?

thx.

Check the Teg Tips on how to paint your bumper lenses.

tamiya paints…

http://www.tamiyausa.com/product/paints/index.html

The tamiya paints look like these bottles on the link above. Look for the paint “x-26.” The cover of the bottle is a little transparent, and is orange. You can find these paints at a hobby/model shop.

Check the Teg Tips on how to paint your bumper lenses.

:smiley: oops…should look at the screen a little closer next time…

Originally posted by redlineaz
[B]what exactly was the procedure on painting the lenses? did you sand them, swab them w/ alcohol, or anything first? and i have looked everywhere for that paint, does anyone have a pic of the container so i know exactly what i’m looking for?

thx. [/B]

i didn’t sand them at all, wasn’t wortht he time, i just rubbed them down with red rubbing compound from turtle wax for 5 minutes, then wipe clean then rub with white turtle wax, the polishing kind for another 5 minutes, if u want help with applying the paint for a good nice appearance give me a email or hit me up on AIM

you gotta paint…so easy- here’s mine:

i painted outside

i cleaned, sanded, cleaned paint, took me about 10 min lol for 2 coats

for mine, well actually i didn’t paint my bumper lenses(hehe dont’ got any), but instead i did the opposite and painted my corner lights all amber. i just cleaned a new set of clear corners(got them really cheap so it didn’t matter to me) and then just sprayed them. pics are in my link

just wanted to say that I did them…they just finished drying up this morning. Tight! They came out beautiful! You guys just saved me mucho dinero…:cool: