Where do you guys hook up the green wiree for the shift light?

It says to hook it up to the coil, but wee havee an internal coil?

so how do we do this?

not sure how you wire up an external coil… but on the stock ignition you hook it up to the blue wire on the distributor (the blue wire on the plug that only has 2 wires on it…one is blk/yel the other is blue).

not sure if an external coil is wired up through that blue wire too or not, so i’m not sure if thats any help.

Originally posted by 91IntegGS
[B]not sure how you wire up an external coil… but on the stock ignition you hook it up to the blue wire on the distributor (the blue wire on the plug that only has 2 wires on it…one is blk/yel the other is blue).

not sure if an external coil is wired up through that blue wire too or not, so i’m not sure if thats any help. [/B]

ok, so to the blue wiree…coolz…thanx.

black to ground, and red to switched ignition, yes?

:smiley:

my custom console is almost done…muhahahaha…

you hook it up to the neg of the coil right?

You hook it up to the RPM signal… This wire can be found where 91IntegGS said and can also be found under the dash, near the fuse box in the bunch of wires there… This is where I hooked mine up.

HTH!

Originally posted by Answer
[B]You hook it up to the RPM signal… This wire can be found where 91IntegGS said and can also be found under the dash, near the fuse box in the bunch of wires there… This is where I hooked mine up.

HTH! [/B]

Also a blue wire, I presume? Can you be more specific as to where exactly it is? I haven’t looked yet, but I presume there may be more than one blue wire under there?

Thanx.

Originally posted by E-DA9
[B]Also a blue wire, I presume? Can you be more specific as to where exactly it is? I haven’t looked yet, but I presume there may be more than one blue wire under there?

Thanx. [/B]

Well, it’s been a while but if my memory serves me well, yup! it’s a thick blue wire that is right above the fuse box(the biggest blue wire), in the bunch of wires there going to one of those big connectors… I could crawl under my dash tomorrow if ya like so I could be real specific about where it goes.

If you’d like me to check, simply ask and it’ll be a pleasure to help ya!

every tach hooks up to the neg. side of the coil. you can run a wire through the grommet in the dist. to theneg. of the igniter or i’m pretty sure you can tap into the sig. at the computer to.

wait wait wait… why you need a tach anywho??? = \

Originally posted by pleather
wait wait wait… why you need a tach anywho??? = \

eh? no one talked about a tach! :stuck_out_tongue: :read: