Where Is The Oil Filter Located

i was servicing my g2 teg and i could not find the oil filter it drove me nuts looking for it still could not find it can some 1 please tell me where it is located

Are you kiding:stfu:

its right on the back of the block. how can you miss it.

your best bet would be to take the car to a local shop and ask them if u can watch while they change the oil. if u dont know where the filter is, chances are, you will make one hell of a mess changing the oil. just suck it up this time and pay the $15 for a shop to do it. after u watch them do it, u should be able to do it yourself next time.

Agreed.

Its below the IM in the back of the block. But, if you don’t know where its at, you probably should have someone show you first. Its a bitch to get off at times and if you don’t know where it is, your oil probably hasn’t been changed in a looooong time.

The easiest way i have found to access the oil filter is to get on the passenger side and reach my left hand down by fuel filter and around starter! Thats where the most room is!

When I change my oil, I always lift up the front end and get at everything from the underneath. If you crawl under there, you will see a rather large opening that you can extend most of your arm into to unscrew the filter

[QUOTE=kyle10182;1658649]your best bet would be to take the car to a local shop and ask them if u can watch while they change the oil. if u dont know where the filter is, chances are, you will make one hell of a mess changing the oil. just suck it up this time and pay the $15 for a shop to do it. after u watch them do it, u should be able to do it yourself next time.[/QUOTE]$15? around here the cheapest you can get it done for is $30 :frowning:

Wow. I think when I worked at the dealer we were only charging like $25 or $27.

Only 15 bucks at your local gas station shops… they do it quick too. That’s a better option than doing it yourself…

I never let anyone but me change my oil. I had a friend take their Nissan Xterra to WalMart, she’s a beautiful girl, and the dumbasses stripped the oil pan bolt, and then left something on her exhaust manifold which caught fire. I do the same thing as kyle there, but i dont need to lift up the front end of the car haha, i can fit under without it jacked up.

^ not when you have a 2 inch drop!:bowthank:

I only have a one inch drop and I still can’t fit my big head under there

damn, you must weight like 80 pounds and be a toothpick!

Haha, i pretty much am a toothpick. I’m 6’1 though, i dont know how much i weigh, probably 140ish. I can fit under the front but i can get to the point of right where the oil pan is, so i can get the bolt there, and get the oil filter. My car isn’t lowered though, i was surprised i could make it, i tried it once without raising the car and i did it, it was very tight, it’s not like i fit completely under there.

Wow.

I’m what I would consider just about average, maybe a bit above average size for 6’1" and I have about 65 pounds on you.

It’s been awhile since i have been on a scale, so im not sure yet. I weighed 141 when i last checked close to the beginning of the year, so who knows…freshman 15 in college? Lol. I might way so much less then usual cuz i’ve ran track and cross country since 9th grade in high school.