Which HID's for 1piece Egay Headlights

I noticed Xentec has chopped their hid kits by $215 when I was getting a hid kit for my friend but wanted to know who has installed the HID kits and which bulb I am going to need for them. My egay’s are these type right here http://www.ebay.com/itm/90-91-92-93-Acura-Integra-Black-Housing-1-Piece-Headlight-Amber-Corner-Reflector-/330827827965?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item4d06e00afd&vxp=mtr

I heard you need a slim bulb and was hoping somebody would have installed them on these headlights by now. I was thinking of installing these: http://www.ebay.com/itm/9006-SLIM-XENON-HID-KIT-3000K-4300-5000K-6000K-8000K-10000K-12000K-15000K-30000K-/270950198987?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&fits=Make%3AAcura%7CModel%3AIntegra%7CYear%3A1990&hash=item3f15e3eecb&vxp=mtr

i have these lights, before installing them i removed the glare guards so im not sure if a regular 9004 hid will fit or not, but thats what im using in mine.

How did you remove the glare guards sir? I am afraid of breaking my head lights trying to pry them apart. Or is there a write up on it.

You have to heat them up with either a heat gun or in the oven like i did so soften up the glue and then it’s pretty easy to pull apart the lens from the housing with a screw driver.

Do I re-seal them with a silicone glue also such as gasket sealer or something of the sort?

I would. I found an old post of mine where I did something similar. It was cheap and it worked well. I can get the pictures up if you find it useful [QUOTE=gilcontr;1986817]look here. i used ebay projectors and relocated them to the outside with non nipple lenses. i used h3 hids and did not do anything to the glareguard other than reposition it to suit my needs. the only other thing i did do to the projectors was to enclose the perimeter with aluminum foil as to not get scattered light coming out of the housings.

http://g2ic.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1985476#post1985476

if you are lazy and you can live with the nipple projectors, you can just put h3 hids in there, run your ballasts, maybe take the headlight apart to seal around the projector if you have to, and call it a day.[/QUOTE]

To be honest I wouldn’t know because when I did my retrofit the kit came with this: http://www.theretrofitsource.com/product_info.php?cPath=31&products_id=792

But silicone is probably your best bet. If you can reuse the glue that came on the headlight originally and if there are any gaps you can silicon that closed.

Do NOT use silicone if you intend to ever open them again. It will be a gigantic pain in the ass.

Use something called Butyl Tape… It’s what is use from the factory, and never fully hardens. That way you can take it back apart easily if needed.

Clean ALL of the old butyl tape off the lense and the housing… Apply the new stuff, and be done.

This is what I used… had zero leaks and is easy to deal with:

[QUOTE=unified112;2278182]Do NOT use silicone if you intend to ever open them again. It will be a gigantic pain in the ass.

Use something called Butyl Tape… It’s what is use from the factory, and never fully hardens. That way you can take it back apart easily if needed.

Clean ALL of the old butyl tape off the lense and the housing… Apply the new stuff, and be done.

This is what I used… had zero leaks and is easy to deal with:

[/QUOTE]

Good luck finding that stuff. I have gone to Home Depot, Lowes, O’reily, Autozone, and Ace. Not one person had any idea what the hell “butyl tape” or “strip caulk” is. I can only find it online for like $16 a box.

$16 is worth the expense. It lasts for years in the box.

When you think quality silicone is going to cost $4 a tube, plus $7 for the gun… Why not spend a few bucks more and do it correctly?

Trust when I say butyl tape is the stuff you want to use.

If you HAVE to have it locally, try a windshield company… they use butyl tape daily.

Sometimes to do things properly you have to put up with a minor inconvenience to order something online. Small price to pay.

Trust me… not a leak of water, clean installation, and it will come apart easily if I ever need to do it again. If silicon was the better way, they’d have been siliconed from the factory.

I just need to not be lazy and order that stuff. I would use it all the time.

here are a few pics of my ebay headlight retrofit i just finished, morimoto mini H1 projectors (red color mod to shield) and 6000k bulbs. But yes butyl is the only way to re-seal your lights.

here you can see how tight of a fit it is

here you can see the red reflection from the painted cutoff shield

fancy special effects with my phone! test fit before resealing