Which way does this vacuum hose go ?

It’s the hose with the arrow on it. Is it supposed to point toward the intake or the throttle body?

If you’re talking about the 1-way valve for the dashpot on the throttle body, the arrow points to the dashpot.

I’m talking about one of the three hoses that goes to the intake…

help please…

Originally posted by 92LS
If you’re talking about the 1-way valve for the dashpot on the throttle body, the arrow points to the dashpot.

You are talking about this one…

whats the dashpot do? i ripped mine off a while ago. raises idle under vacum or something? o well no differance at all. peace

ok, what is a dashpot then ?

The dashpot is there to slow down the closing of the throttle butterfly so there’s less jerking when you remove your foot from the gas pedal… but lots have removed it with about no differences…

So, does this looks good?

It should point towards the intake. All it does is gradually release the vacuum to the dashpot so that the throttle is prevented from snapping shut right away, instead it closes gradually. To test this, suck on the hose with the valve pointed one way or the other. With the valve pointing towards the dashpot the vacuum release right away and the throttle snaps shut. With the valve pointing towards the intake the throttle closes gradually like it’s supposed to.