Who benefits w/ S100

I’d like to use S100 on my future B20 swap. Basically I need to know is this an OK program to use; or do I need S200?

Heres how it’ll sit:

JDM B20B High comp (9:6:1) engine with-
3" Intake/ 4-2-1 header/ High flow cat/ 2.25 exhaust

93 LS transmission with-
11 lbs flywheel & Exedy stage 1 clutch

Car is a 93 LS w/ OBD1.
Stock PR4 will be maintained; as will injectors & distr.

Thanks for your help guys.

:getsome::manual:

Corniest quote ever: “Get yours today! JDM is IN!”

s100 and s200 are basically the same thing, s200 requires a blue box though, alowing you to datalog and do some other things. once yo uare done, you can disconect the blue box and its the same as the s100.

So if I get a S100 & have a good shop do the tune, I should be fine? What are the benefits of datalogging, etc?

data loggin means yo ucan “log your data”

i’m not joking thats exactly what it does.

water temp, air temp, engine speed, injector duty cycle. etc etc… everything that happens on your car within a specific time frame, you can record it and review it to see how your car behaves at the track.

its a great feature for say, checking intake temperatures at idle vs 80mph, see what you are actually taking your car to before shifting under load, making sure your injectors are giving enough fuel, that kind of thing.

of course s200 does not mean it comes with those options for free. it just means that you can add them to the package for some extra cash.

it also allows 2-step rev limit control for launching, and full throttle shift.

read up more about it at www.hondata.com

So I won’t really need it on my Daily Driver. Just the S100 & a reputable tune. Sweet. Thanks for your help. Besides, I’d think that Titan Motorsports would have the extra equipment anyway; if I wanted to do all that.

just stick with s100 for your purposes. you will not make more HP with an s200. and the s100 is smaller and concealed within the ECU

That’s what I’ll do. Thanks again man.

S200 has been discontinued… I think they figured they didn’t need something between the S100 and S300.

Data-logging with the hondata or any system is nice if your going to tune it yourself. If you have a wideband you can sync it with the hondata and do a logged run. Afterwards you can see where on the matrix you need to increase and decrease fuel to get to your desired ratio. I had an s100 and it’s ok if your just going to have someone tune it and be done. I’ve also ran an s200 and that worked great, now I have an s300 and I love it. Much less bulky then the s200, everything is inside the ecu and I just have to plug it up to the laptop and can make changes on the fly.

Could you get a S100 with 2-step capabilities to? or just the S200-300?

Just the s200 and s300.

will an AEM wideband work with the s300?

It should, I use a plx-m300te. I would spend my money on the plx before the aem.

[QUOTE=viprtwo;1960887]data loggin means yo ucan “log your data”

i’m not joking thats exactly what it does.

water temp, air temp, engine speed, injector duty cycle. etc etc… everything that happens on your car within a specific time frame, you can record it and review it to see how your car behaves at the track.

its a great feature for say, checking intake temperatures at idle vs 80mph, see what you are actually taking your car to before shifting under load, making sure your injectors are giving enough fuel, that kind of thing.

of course s200 does not mean it comes with those options for free. it just means that you can add them to the package for some extra cash.

it also allows 2-step rev limit control for launching, and full throttle shift.

read up more about it at www.hondata.com[/QUOTE]

I have quick question…I’m thinking of purchasing the s300 for my jdm b16, which comes with the jdm ecu…and i saw it on the hondata site that they have the s300 which is for u.s. and the s300j for jdm…so i was wondering if you or anyone could tell me if i should get the s300 or s300j??? let me know thanx…

I have s300 on my jdm b16a and it works just fine havent had any problems with it

look on there website, it says specifly if you have a jdm ecu you need the s300j. the cases are different so im assuming that plays a big part in the size of the s300 circuit board size

to the person that asked about the aem uego. honda recomends the PLX, but many people have and are using the AEM setup. Some with problems some with out. from reading the hondata boards most problems stem from installion mistakes. I plan on using the AEM guage and dont have worries about it.

so what your saying is that you only need the s200 unit mounted on the ecu, when your tuning it, and once your done tuning the car, you can remove the blue box from the ecu and run the honda ecu by its self?

S100 is hardly ever supported anymore by most shops.
For the most part it would be easier and better just to pull the s100 chip off the board and use a regular chip and tune it on crome.
Make sure to add 4pin datalog cable port ON TO your ecu board.

crome is free

Charlie

I have an s200 unit. I assumed that the s200 had to remain installed on the ecu at all times.

correct.
S200 you’ll also need the software and for. ask your tuner if he has it.