Why does chipped ecu give out CEL?

How come the check engine light comes on when I use the chipped ecu on the highway and when I keep the throttle steady at a certain rpm? I try ressetting it already and it still does this? any suggestions?

have you checked what code?

you need to find out what light the CEL is tossing. That will let you know what you need to fix. That’s the whole principle behind the system, to give you a starting point from which to start looking to fix it…

How do you check codes? I heard that your suppose to jusmp wires but how do you do that?

Originally posted by BoyRaCeRs
How do you check codes? I heard that your suppose to jusmp wires but how do you do that?

there is a light that is on the ECU that will flash the code…so just pull back the carpet and see…

Originally posted by the-anti-crack
[B]

there is a light that is on the ECU that will flash the code…so just pull back the carpet and see… [/B]

Sir, this only applies to non-OBD 90-91 tegs.

For a 92-93 (OBD1)there is a little jumper wire(two wires with a plug on the end) hanging from under the passenger side kick panel…using a paper clip connect both wires in the plug together and turn the ignition to the one position and the CEL in the gauge cluster will flash your code.

Josh

doh…i knew that…wheres my brain?

damn i feel like an a$$:p

No. At least you know how to check on a 90-91. I have some fiends that would make you wounder. I don’t think they would even know to look at the ECU.

Josh

Thanks guys but heres another stupid question, after I get my code, where do I go to find out what the code means, ex 42.

try this

or a helms is always nice.

http://hybrid.honda-perf.org/tech/codes.html

Thanks but I didn’t see anything on that link for the integras, are they the same for all the years?