windshield chips

what can i do to remove all the little chips from the windshield. What i mean is removing the little scratches and such. when i am driving in the the afternoon and the sun is directly infron i cant see very well cuz the windshield gets a glittery. when i bought the car the windshield was in perfect condition. where i lives its dry and windy and all the dirt hitting the windhield on the highway is whats causing the problem. is there any product to help remedy this.

:bump:

Same problem. I just replaced it. It was $200.00.

labor too?

i got my replaced for 175 total check junk yards

which boneyard was it? i’m from ames, just stationed in omaha.

if your windsheild is fuzzy, can’t you just buy some window pollish? That should buff it up pretty nicely.

its not fuzzy like foggy or anything. its got tiny little chips or somthing that makes it hard to out of even when its clean and only shows itself when the sun is infront of me.

do u have full coverage on your car if u do 90% of the companys will replace it at no charge. call them up say u have a big chip in your winshild and a few rocks came off a truck u where folowing.if they say they will replace it no charge get a small rock and through it into the wintow right in view of the driver just chip it. they have to replace it because it can impare your view. i have done this 2 times. hope this helps :wink:

Don’t encourage insurance fraud…

have a friend do it. lol

Its Not Fraud If He Has Chips In It Now

hey Mark, i got the windshield from a yard in Fairfield Iowa its kinda near Ottumwa for $75 and then had a guy that lives 5 blocks from me who runs a body shop install it for $100 even. I wish i could make it to ur little meet at ur house tommorow but i cant maybe next time though,(Christmas shooping is planned for tommorow instead rather be there though) I just called them up today looking for a part and they just crushed all the precious teggys since steel price went up.

i’ve got guns.

let’s go show them what we do to people like that. :stuck_out_tongue:

yeah lets do

Yes. Out the door. Had them do it in my driveway. :wink: