Wing holes help

when removing a wing off the coupe, what do you guys recommend as a “mean time” good solution to the holes? i just don’t want water in there :frowning:

i just used 8mm hardware, u could try to find some o rings or silicone also

im gunan try running some small plugs from a hardware store next time i take my wing off

[QUOTE=Snails;2324721]i just used 8mm hardware, u could try to find some o rings or silicone also

im gunan try running some small plugs from a hardware store next time i take my wing off

[/QUOTE]

did it leak at all?

mine didnt, but i also only ran it like that during the summer

The main holes on the outside are not worth plugging, these just feed down into the drip rail between the hatch and the body of the car, water normally leaks into this area and runs down around the tail lights. The holes in the middle of the hatch do lead into the hatch panel itself, although there are drain holes to let the water out. This may be worth plugging. I’ve never plugged any of these holes and the water was never a problem. But I’m in CA so rust isn’t as big of a problem as compared to other areas.

I plugged mine with a rubber plug that I got from ACE hardware. Its like a tapered style rubber cylinder. I am using my temporarily while I restore/replace the mounting studs on my db2 spoiler.

I live in FL so it’s not terrible but we do get the occasional down pours. so you’re saying thew 4 outside holes shouldn’t be a problem? If thats the case i will plug my middle one for sure, just scared of water cause i picked up my hatch with no rust at all and would hate to cause rust :confused:

Look at it for yourself. Open up the hatch and look at the underside - the holes on the outside just lead into the rain drip rail. Water gets in here all the time whenever it rains or you wash the car, so leaving those holes open will not cause any problems.

Now if i wanted to fill the hole permanently what would guys recommend as a filler or something like that?

Sand off the paint around the holes, weld them shut, grind smooth, little layer of body filler, sand, prime, paint.

What level of sand paper should i use when sanding down the holes?

If you haven’t done body work before then you should let a pro do it. Or at least do a lot of google searches for how to do auto body paint and prep.

if the holes protrude at all, use a grinder to smooth them out. if you don’t have access to a welder, you can pop a rivet in the holes, grind down, and then bondo.