Would you keep the b18a?

Hmmm…Didnt intend this to turn into a ls/vtec vs turbo pissing match lol

Havent we all settled this one yet?

Turbos a great way to get good power at a decent price…And so is ls/vtec if done properly. This all comes down to simply a matter of individual situation and individual preference.

Oh and I’ve spent 24 years as a human so im pretty sure im right. on this. lol

here’s a quote for you Sublimesnj…

“I am wise, for I know that I am not.” Socrates

A little humility goes a long way my brotha… :wink:

sublimesnj, you don’t happen to go by the name SiliconDoc on Anandtech, do you?

And I would argue that anyone working as an engineer could call themselves an engineer whether they have taken the P.E. test or not. But an engineering student is just that, an engineering student.

I should have specified that my comment was in reference to codes governing the engineering profession in Canada. At any rate, there’s a great deal of knowledge to be gained after the second year of an engineering program. :wink:

I should add an update here considering this thread was originaly about engines and not engineers…:wink: that I did a tune up on the b18a over the weekend…plugs wires cap ect…And its running really well. I have to admit that if this stock motor had the same bolt ons as the b18b…The difference between it and the b18b really would most likely be negligible.

I gotta add tho…This last week has been the first time in my 6 years of teg ownership driving a stock height DA.

This 4x4ing thing is kinda fun…Driving over curbs, any driveway or ramp i want…Speedbumps are a breeze…Its just a wierd feeling compared to ducking my head and griting my teeth when I hear the dreaded scccccccrape!

Just curious but…Are there any adjustable coilover systems that come close to stock height? :wink:

You may want to start a new thread in the suspension/brakes/wheels section. This one has been thoroughly hijacked! :lol:

Will do…Thanks

We have speedbumps at the university I work at that my Teg couldn’t clear at stock height, let alone on the Tein SS.