wow... just wow...

http://www.today.com/news/police-admit-theyre-stumped-mystery-car-thefts-6C10169993

I believe this story sums up how my car was entered without damage last week… thank god all I lost was a GPS… this is scary shit :confused:

I like the way they claim anything sent over RF is “hackproof”. Ah naïve police officers.

There’s quite a few write ups how to break keeloq. Sadly if you know what you’re reading most of it is served up on a silver platter. Probably using some low power arduino type device.

Why is this surprising to anyone?

Well, I guess there is only one surprised person.

honestly it doesn’t surprise me at all… nothing can stop a determined theif…

someone on the TL forum i frequent had an experience with this. They found the crooks driving the car with no signs of forced entry via lojack or something. They bailed, and the car shut itself down (by proximity? it wasnt by lojack). Caught one of the guys, havent followed up to see what the result was.

somehow haxed the electronics wirelessly or through the obd port and apparently the ignition as well. For those that dont know, 04-08 TLs have a traditional key ignition.

this thread: STOLEN -'07 TL-S NBP-San Gabriel Valley-LA **UPDATE-CAR RECOVERED LOJACK FTW** - AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community

The odd thing is that when they ditched the car, it was apparently still running then about 5 mins after, it turned off on its own. that’s what the cop told me. They still haven’t been able to tell me how it was stolen yet, but a detective will get back to me later today.

modern cars have too many electronics lol.

You said it. I don’t like how everything is going electronic these days. People are getting lazy, and now so are the criminals. I’ll still be keeping my Club and ShiftLock in the Teg.

As I was leaving to work, the news reporter was reading that cops had arrested some marines in connection with the thefts. I guess we’ll see what happens.

Little did they know that the handcuffs they used were also electronic and easily defeatable with a remote.

hahaha werd!