WTB rare parts

Looking for JDM bumper supports, and hatch power folding mirrors. I have all components aside from the actual mirrors. I don’t come here often so please email me if you have anything. Dlo253 @ live.com

JDM bumper supports are illegal in USA, you get in crash, passenger get hurt because accident, and the missing reinforcement is not there … you are in for a bad chewing at your expense and time loss

Really? I sold one a month back.

Yeah, they’re illegal. But realistically, you’re never going to get in trouble. The real concern is that you may incur some much more serious damage to the car in a front end accident due to the missing material.

They are very illegal, I know this for a fact. Car’s imported from Overseas have to have the safety reinforcements. You get caught in an accident with modified to a lesser grade safety standard and you or your passengers or someone outside gets hurt, you can kiss your future good bye … Don’t take that chance … I know you people want to save weight, but you rather save your skin versus that weight.

take your chances, Insurance will investigate the car damage and if the agent knows what to look for, you will be in court explaining and sentenced.

Do you have any single instance of this happening? Just because something is technically possible does not mean it’s likely and based on my experience what you’re talking about is extremely, extremly unlikely to the point where it would be something I wouldn’t worry about even in the slightest.