ya know that sensor that plugs into the IM.........

…that comes off the injector harness’?? if that is unplugged from the IM but the hole for the sensor on the IM is plugged, can that harm the engine or cause it to hesitate during acceleration?? mine is unplugged, but i can’t plug it back in until i get a new fuel rail because i have a skunk2 IM and the location for that sensor is blocked by the FPR. but i have a bad hesitation problem and can’t figure it out. could this be the problem? i bought the car like this, so i don’t know when it started hesitating. please help!!

yes, that could definitly be the problem. even having something like a bad 02 sensor can cause your car to run bad.
your talking about the MAP sensor, correct?

not sure, is that what plugs into the runners of the intake manifold and runs from the injector wires?? i just replaced the o2 sensor, so thats not it.

Originally posted by japanimated
not sure, is that what plugs into the runners of the intake manifold and runs from the injector wires?? i just replaced the o2 sensor, so thats not it.

sounds like the intake air temp sensor to me. Why don’t you just ghetto rig the wires for now? use short pieces of wire, and some type of electrical connector. Doesn’t have to look good, just make the connection. Then reset your ecu. If the problem remains then this isn’t your problem…if it goes away, then wala, you know what the problem is and know that i’ll be fixed once you get the new fuel rail.

i’m getting a b20 fuel rail from a friend tomorrow. that should do the trick!!