92 DA GS Help

Hello everyone! Well i just recently joined G2iC, and I’m here in search of inspiration and suggestions knowingly you people have much more experience. Sure I’d look at other threads, but what I’m finding are somewhat outdated. I really appreciate the help for the questions I’m about to throw. Pls don’t throw any negative comments, I’m in search of serious answer :slight_smile:

So what I’m dealing with is an AUTOMATIC 92 GS DA9, yes an auto (don’t judge)… the car is nearly fully stock and the car has about 116xxx miles on it. I may sound like a newbie (sorta am lol) but like a lot of people I wanna add some boost. Roughly the car pulling 250-300+ HP. Yet i want to be able to keep AC and power steering, and i want to be street legal lol. I don’t mind changing somethings before smog. I also live in Cali if that helps. Pls give me ideas of how i could do this job, or really anything that would be a good idea to do to the car :slight_smile:

Any help would be nice…

Welcome.

Seeing as you consider yourself a “some what” noob at this. I’m going to guess you wont want to custom make all the parts needed for a boosted setup which is what it comes down too a lot of the time. I would suggest buying a kit from Go-Autoworks. They make kits that will allow you to keep your ac and they have different kits for different budgets. They also use nothing but quality brand parts and they use their own manifolds, intercooler piping, and downpipes that they make in house.

My other suggestion…fix any issues the car has first before boosting it. Oil leaks, coolant leaks, old hoses, electrical issues, ghetto wiring and rigging of any kind. It will make your life so much easier in the long run. Also take your time, do things right, and be patient.

[QUOTE=512_SIR II;2328562]Welcome.

Seeing as you consider yourself a “some what” noob at this. I’m going to guess you wont want to custom make all the parts needed for a boosted setup which is what it comes down too a lot of the time. I would suggest buying a kit from Go-Autoworks. They make kits that will allow you to keep your ac and they have different kits for different budgets. They also use nothing but quality brand parts and they use their own manifolds, intercooler piping, and downpipes that they make in house.

My other suggestion…fix any issues the car has first before boosting it. Oil leaks, coolant leaks, old hoses, electrical issues, ghetto wiring and rigging of any kind. It will make your life so much easier in the long run. Also take your time, do things right, and be patient.[/QUOTE]

I appreciate the feedback! I say “somewhat” because I somewhat understand the concept of things haha. Do you happen to have the knowledge of i could do such task being auto? and maybe affect smog? or other modifications? Yes I agree that maintenance is a must :smiley:

Idk about the auto thing. Never owned an auto. I don’t know how much if any boost they can hold without slipping. Don’t know anything about smog either sorry. I live in Texas and although we do have emission standards in some counties, we don’t have strict smog regulations.