92BlueTeg's All Motor ITB build and restoration thread

Welcome to my build thread! This Integra was my first car and turned into my project. I’ve owned the car since 2005 and took it off the road in 2010. My plan was always to make it into a show car with track abilities. As the scene has died down the car has ventured into being more of a track car. With that said, I’m still OCD about getting the rust cleaned up and protected.

Exterior Mods:
Wings West Front Lip
Wings West Side Skirts
JDM One Piece Headlights

Suspension:
Busted KYB shocks
Skunk2 Adjustable Coils
Ingals Camber
Full-Race Traction Bar
ES Master Kit
ST Suspension 52150 Front and Rear Anti-Sway

Brakes:
Wilwood DPHA Calipers (140-13029-R)
Custom Tucked Stainless Brake Lines
Russel Stainless Braided Lines

Engine: (LS/Vtec)
LS Block, Bored 81.5 and Fully Balanced
P72 GSR Head
Crower Chromoly Retainers
Buddy Club Dual Valve Springs
Supertech Black Nitrated Valves
Buddy Club Cam gears
Crane Stage 3 Cams
11.5:1 Wiseco Pistons
Skunk2 Forged Rods
Custom made ITB’s
Professional Products Harmonic Balance
DC 4-1 GSR header
Skunk2 Cam Seal
YS1 GSR Cable Transmission
AEM Fuel Rail w/Marshall Gauge
AEM FPR
Russel In-line fuel rail w/AN Fittings
Yonaka Dual Core Slim Radiator
YS1 GSR Cable Transmission
Fidanza Flywheel

Interior:

*Mods
Nardi Classic 34 Steering Wheel
NRG 2.0 Quick Release
NRG Short Hub
NRG Hub Lock

Day after I bought it
[IMG2=JSON]{“data-align”:“none”,“data-size”:“full”,“src”:“http://forums.g2ic.com/images/imported/2010/06/85.jpg”}[/IMG2]

[IMG2=JSON]{“data-align”:“none”,“data-size”:“full”,“src”:“http://forums.g2ic.com/images/imported/2010/06/87.jpg”}[/IMG2]

[IMG2=JSON]{“data-align”:“none”,“data-size”:“full”,“src”:“http://forums.g2ic.com/images/imported/2010/06/88.jpg”}[/IMG2]

[IMG2=JSON]{“data-align”:“none”,“data-size”:“full”,“src”:“http://forums.g2ic.com/images/imported/2010/06/89.jpg”}[/IMG2]

Winter Mode
[IMG2=JSON]{“data-align”:“none”,“data-size”:“full”,“src”:“http://forums.g2ic.com/images/imported/2010/06/90.jpg”}[/IMG2]

[IMG2=JSON]{“data-align”:“none”,“data-size”:“full”,“src”:“http://forums.g2ic.com/images/imported/2010/06/97.jpg”}[/IMG2]
[IMG2=JSON]{“data-align”:“none”,“data-size”:“full”,“src”:“http://forums.g2ic.com/images/imported/2010/06/98.jpg”}[/IMG2]

good to hear she will always have a special place in your heart and GARAGE :D, So whats the new car?

that picture on the dock has always been a favorite of mine:up:

Thanks, yea I love the dock picture. I though about doing a photoshoot at that dock again with the new car which is the boosted RSX. I’ll also be working at a metal fabrication shop with my father until I find something else, but I’ll be using whatever scraps are being thrown away and making some custom fabricated parts while I’m at it!

Very nice, glad to see you are still going to keep her around! And that RSX is BEAST.

Lol, can’t seem to get away from the blue and your love of tegs eh? Well, can’t blame you, I’m in the same boat.

Bryce, I seriously lol’d when I read that you wanted to get something “for the real world” than I saw you picked up an even more boy racer honda than your teg. It’s a dope car, dont get me wrong, but from the way I was reading those first couple paragraphs, I was thinking tsx, accord coupe, 3 series or something along those lines…nice buy though.

That HDR of the rsx is awesome.

Glad your keeping it, but I’m not surprised. Talking to you on here and at that meet, I could tell you’re in it for the long haul. I cant wait to see whats in store in the future!

I couldn’t get rid of the Teg, too many good times. I can’t wait to actually start getting her apart and working on it.

Haha, yup I can’t stay away from the blue or Tegs. Maybe next time…

I was actually looking at TSX’s and TL’s for a while along with RSX’s. The RSX was a deal I couldn’t pass up so I had to jump on it. There were two people coming in after me to purchase it, one guy actually showed up after I did the test drive and asked the salesman to put down money before I did…but he wouldn’t let them unless I left without a deposit and they took a test drive. I was more looking for a 05-06 style but it would be tight to live with the payments.

I’ll still be going to the g2ic RI/MA/CT meets with the RSX, I don’t have to deal with school stuff so I can actually make them again.

It’s the start of something beautiful. My job sucks and i’m not pulling in the money to really do to much to the car so I’m doing what I can with little to no money. I’m selling parts that are going towards the integras funds. Really I need to find a new block soon but for now…

Wire Tuck

Sorry for the iPhone pics…I couldn’t find my good camera.

Engine Bay, I hate New England, everything is rusting in the bay and bolts are breaking as I pull them…

Out goes the dashboard, I took just about anything out that someone would be looking to steal out of the car, including the gauge cluster and steering wheel haha

Again I hate New England, she started to get the rear fender well rust. I had to stop it before it got any worse.

Here’s how she sits now, sold the one pieces to a fellow g2 member. I’ll be purchasing ones in perfect condition at some point, probably before they jump up in price once again.

GSR Head waiting for a block. List of stuff is in the first post

I have a lot of plans and it’s going to be a slow one.

Lost my job a few week ago, and although it’s tough right now I decided to make the most of my time since the weather was finally nice in New England.

Starting with the “free” mods, I decided to pull my alarm completely out and redo it. I’ve never been a fan of having the alarm under the dash. So I depinned a bunch of wires and wrapped them up, extended some and got the alarm reinstalled in the hidden way I wanted to do it to begin with. (Plus it was extra practice with wiring messes before I go to the tucking)

Unburying the Teg. I hate NE, and the snow.

Old and the New…I do miss driving the Teg a lot. I’m glad I didn’t get rid of it.

Nice Oxidation under the hood…

Apparently enough moisture got onto the motor it was defrosting off.

Alarm Mess

Less Wires after Depinning

Lastly, wrapping the main stuff up.

That’s it for now, I’m starting at a new job next week but I took a pay loss. Hopefully I’ll have enough time now that I won’t be working 12hr days. I guess I’ll be sticking with any “free” mods as best as possible till something better comes along

looking good man. i could of picked up a captiva blue a while ago but the guy never came through. by any chance do you know what tranny you have?

Thanks. I just have the stock ls cable transmission. The car was completely stock when I bought it from a retired lady. Someone around my area has the gsr cable for sale but moneys to tight for me to grab it…would be a perfect addition to the engine build.

Slowly picking up parts for the Teg. Spring is coming! (still freezing over here) Fired her up today, other than the battery being dead she started right up! Hopefully this is the permentant position so I can start pulling the wires from the passenger side for the tuck.

Picked up a set of clean 1pieces for $100. Thanks to a wtb craiglist ad.

I put the factories back on while it’s in project mode.

Then…

I picked up some turbo equipement off of a local g2icer.

Manifold

Thermal

Intercooler and piping

Let the super slow build continue.

This has just been slower than I thought. Life’s always getting in the way. But I have some updates.

Freshly wrapped harness

Quick test fit, of course it will be more hidden. But waiting to pull the motor for that.

And a new addition, picked up some wiseco 9:1 pistons on manley “turbo tuff” rods. Got a super sweet deal I couldn’t pass up.

I’m waiting to hear what the deal is with the city supposedly wanting to buy out houses in my area. I had planned to pull the motor this month and get the block machined, but instead I will be putting things back together just in case I have to start the car and move…somewhere else.

Great updates brother, glad to see you going to town on the DA again…

good stuff

thanks, i’m out working on finishing the wiretuck right now, i’m hoping to complete it by the end of the month. I always get discouraged with the amount of time that I have to work on the car, but when I get something new like the pistons it motivates me to get back out there and make the most out of my free time.

great work! the weather is just as bad where I live also. very hard to keep a clean car when it will rust just from being parked.

hey if you dont want those buddy club p1s email me at slasher713@yahoo.com with how much you want for them. And sick build! what side skirt is that?

Hey Bryce,

I just found your thread! Good stuff. Just be patient and take your time. Any word on moving? Are you going to be using the LS block? Def going turbo still?

Haven’t heard about the move yet, they keep telling us with in two weeks we will know but, theyve been saying that for 3months. There’s always some delay in politics.

Yup, I decided to stick with the ls block, now that I got the rods for it im sticking with my original block. Turbo all the way at this point. 9:1 wiseco pistons all waiting for a fresh machined block. I think the turbo and the rest of the accessories to it are going to be the hard part, money’s hard to come by. Wait for a good deal and jump when I can.