Aftermarket Steering wheels

I could really use a new steering wheel. The stock one was beat to hell before I got my teg. I put a Wheelskins on it a few years ago and now that looks like crap (color flaked off). I want to get one that won’t degrade so much or as noticeably as a leather / foam one. Something that can be cleaned properly (so I was thinking carbon fiber or a simulation) Any suggestions wheels and/or pictures would be great!

I do see lots of options but would like to suggestions from people who have actually purchased one.

I have a momo wheel:

Got it with the car. 3 years under my use and still no sign of wear. It’s pretty small, so power steering is almost essential. The small diameter also means the wheel does not interfere with my lap during turning. The paddles on the center part act as the horn so you dont have to move your hand from the rim to the center.

I say just use a OEM one for a prelude that most people on here use. Theres one in the blue DA in the G2IC members picture thread on the second to last page. Thats what i plan on getting in a few years. Plus you get to keep everything. Just need to fabricate up a spacer.

[QUOTE=scratchymaster;2082662]I have a momo wheel:

Got it with the car. 3 years under my use and still no sign of wear. It’s pretty small, so power steering is almost essential. The small diameter also means the wheel does not interfere with my lap during turning. The paddles on the center part act as the horn so you dont have to move your hand from the rim to the center.[/QUOTE]

Holy crap dude… which red lever shots the heat seeking missiles?

What heat seeking missile the big one, kinda big one, or little one. It also has laser guide missiles and a few hidden destructive devices from the looks of it.

mugen mugen mugen is all i can say my .002

best bang for the buck. IMO

[QUOTE=darussianone;2082842]mugen mugen mugen is all i can say my .002[/QUOTE]well then post your mugen? that is if you have one

nope dont have the steering wheel any more ( got took with the car)but still got the mr5 lol

dont have pic of it on my car but its a nardi (personal). its leather-new i got it for a good price one ebay :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=welfare;2082870]best bang for the buck. IMO

[/QUOTE]

man sorry to post off topic but thumbs up on the heater controls haha

one more for a non SRS-ITR steering wheel

I love my nardi classic, it has a nice old school look.

(Don’t mind the belt pads haha)

hehe nice!

I like the Nardi the best so far, but OMG $300??? Why?!

Edit: I see them for $89 on eBay but I don’t know if they’re genuine or knock-offs. :shrug:

well… are you looking for anything specific of a nardi steering wheel?

leather? suede? color?

i have a nardi on my DA right now, it’s just a simple leather black one, but got it for $50 from a friend. used of course, but in better than decent condition.

im sure you can find some in some porsche parts yards or something.

i want a suede nardi as my next wheel…

I’d prefer all black – and foam is what the stock wheel is made from, so I have no choice but to choose leather or vinyl (no suede). Grey or black stitching.

Also, which adapter would I need to use to install one? I am confused with regard to quick release, short hubs, regular hubs, etc. I plan on keeping my cruise control, and I was able to locate a plate to mount cruise control buttons on an aftermarket hub. But I have no desire for a quick release, is that necessary?

Anyone else care to share their steering wheel images?

my setup right now, is a momo hub, NRG quick release, and the nardi wheel bolts directly to the NRG QR

How about this?? Im thinking about getting it myself.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/NRG-Steering-Wheel-01-Black-Leather-Carbon-Fiber-320-mm_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem2ea871fe61QQitemZ200394538593QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

momo or “omo” tuner

my “M” fell off when i was cleaning it :frowning:

[QUOTE=Sikauto;2083065]How about this?? Im thinking about getting it myself.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/NRG-Steering-Wheel-01-Black-Leather-Carbon-Fiber-320-mm_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem2ea871fe61QQitemZ200394538593QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories[/QUOTE]

I think shit looks tacky as hell…