Axles, axles.

Are all B-series axles intechangeable? If they are, any stonger than the others?
I ask this because I am sick of allways having to replace em. Even though they are life-time warranty. I just wanna know so if any ARE stonger the next time one of mines go then I will exchange it the stonger one. If there is any difference.

im getting mine changed this week…heard the one im getting is good…i’ll get the 411 on it

aight.keep me posted.

frankly what do you expect when you buy cheap aftermarket axles? how else do you expect those places to charge so little for their axles & STILL offer a lifetime warranty?

i’ve been running on the same set of oem axles for the life of my car, over 10 years on the same pair. that is through 300hp launches at the drag strip & being lowered to within 1 finger of the wheelwell. if you don’t like changing your axles constantly either raise your car back to stock height or invest in a set of oem axles.

im getting an aftermarket axle…

qwkteg125…how much dooes the OEM axle go for???

qwkteg125 - Where can I get a set of OEM axles. yeah how much?

do you guys actually break the axle or just tear the boots?

time for new axles!

LOWKEY - How many times have you changed your axles? Mine are clicking and need to be changed bad right now. I’m looking for a good place to buy them from. The lowest I got so far is from Part Source @ $117.46CDN per side w/ exchange of old axles. I want to change them my self but am not sure how confident I am, I have read the Helms manual section on Driveshafts and it doesn’t seem all that bad. Did you change them yourself? Do you have to drain your tranny fluid before removing them? drop me a line tbsol00@hotmail.com

Originally posted by importracerrr
[B]im getting an aftermarket axle…

qwkteg125…how much dooes the OEM axle go for??? [/B]

I think they’re like $200 CAN each… or soemithg.

E-DA9…which one would be better, oem or aftermarket??? thanks

Re: time for new axles!

Originally posted by tbsol
LOWKEY - How many times have you changed your axles? Mine are clicking and need to be changed bad right now. I’m looking for a good place to buy them from. The lowest I got so far is from Part Source @ $117.46CDN per side w/ exchange of old axles. I want to change them my self but am not sure how confident I am, I have read the Helms manual section on Driveshafts and it doesn’t seem all that bad. Did you change them yourself? Do you have to drain your tranny fluid before removing them? drop me a line tbsol00@hotmail.com

aww man it’s sad BUT drivers side 3 time. Passenger twice. (I think) Yeah I did it myself with the help of a friend last time. I will email you the details.

It’s not hard…if you have the right tools etc.

I did mine as well as my friends one day, took about 30-45 minutes each, but I have access to the auto shop on base. Hydraulic lifts and every tool known to mankind. Tools make it fast and easy, without them it’s easier to break things

well if you need a passenger side one then you can buy mine :smiley:

i’m pretty sure a new one for the dealer costs a lot more than $200cdn

Originally posted by lowkey
qwkteg125 - Where can I get a set of OEM axles. yeah how much?

you can get OEM axles at autozone or pep-boys or any other car store. personally I haven’t had anything but bad luck with autozone. my driver’s side is an autozone and it’s bent and squeeks. the passenger was almost replaced with an autozone, but didn’t go in the tranny. my car sat in Leftcorner’s garage for the whole weekend. that following monday, I took it back and got my money and went to pep-boys. the axle looked brand new(autozone’s had surface rust) and slid in perfectly.
~Lance

qwkteg125- are you selling a passanger side axle? Is it a rebuilt one? how much.

do you have to drain the tranny fluid to change the axles?

Just called Acura $281 Canadian for OEM axles. is this something I should invest in of should I just invest in those race axles?

http://www.driveshaftshop.com/
http://www.raxles.com/

281 per side or for both? Which of the 2 is the harder axle to change? I need to do my passanger one first.

tbsol, i’m selling a passenger side oem axle. i half rebuilt it - i put on a new oem outer boot & new grease, so the axle should be good for a long time.

you don’t need to drain your tranny either to remove the axle, just pop it off & put it back in.

lowkey i don’t have any experience with those axles but they sound like they would be good for a mild street car. what i know for sure is that my oem axles havent failed me yet.

I think I might order these stage 1 axles… anyone have them??

oem is 250-400US