boosted intelligence

I have just spent the last 3 hours searching through all the post about fuel managment for turbo set up and I learned much. What I would like to know is any technical books or VERY technical forums you guys used to base these posts on. I will spend any amount of money on published material and spend as much time as humanly possible reading posts by technicians about EVERY detail of a turbo system. If one of you would take me under his/her wing and explain some of the smaller details this would be much appreciated. I have a knowledge of flow characteristics as well as the physics and chemistry behind motor tuning. I just chose to specialize in N/A and Nitrous oxide before I moved on to Super chargers and Turbos. I just need help from the beginning about such add ons as the Check valves, FMU, FPR, injector size, surge limit, turbo sizing/mapping, boost characteristics, manifold types etc. I have read the post so I understand the basics it is just THE BASICS ARE NOT ENOUGH FOR ME! please contact me through my contact info asap (i am on msn and aim 24/7 almost.

You should try “Maximum Boost” by Corky Bell. Also, you might want to look at the "High Performance Honda Builder’s Handbook Vol. 1 + 2. I believe everyone on this post will agree with me. HTH:up:

-Drake

Originally posted by 93cherrybomb
[B]You should try “Maximum Boost” by Corky Bell. Also, you might want to look at the "High Performance Honda Builder’s Handbook Vol. 1 + 2. I believe everyone on this post will agree with me. HTH:up:

-Drake [/B]

i dont agree with you. but only cause i’ve never read any of em :wink:

http://www.howstuffworks.com/turbo.htm
that might be helpful

I definitely agree on “Maximum Boost.” Go buy it. The Honda Handbooks are :gay:. Don’t waste your money.

I don’t have the honda handbooks either, I was just going on what several others have said about them. “Maximum Boost” is on my computer desk though…Probably the best $25 I’ve ever spent.

got the handbooks when they came out, great for beginners and ok for N/A and nitrous but does JACK for turbo and super charger when it comes to real world. They tell you just enough for you to get lost having things like compressor housing and wheel info as well as island charts and other graphs showing turbo surge lines etc but have NO explination of how to read them as well as giving no information about fuel managment. You basically have to peice together info from the injector section of the book with knowledge that I guess you were supposed to know before hand to understand some of the issues that are just skimmed over in the Boost section although it is supposed to be a book for those starting out. Thanks for the how things work but that is not the problemm, know how they work wan to know how the WHOLE system works not so much the turbo itself but the engine managment aspect as well as the charting and the technical info such as sizing etc. I will buy the publication that you have listed here though tomorrow. I appreciate the help and will pm those here if I have any specific questions that I need answered if that is alright with you guys, thanks again.