bopsocool 91 Ls budget build

been lurking on here for a while and decided to post up my build.

got the car on march of 2013, i took the picture with my Iphone. the car as many body damage, not bad for $975 i know the price on the rear window state something else, but it was on CL for 2 months,.

it needed a new water pump and timing belt.

anywho when i say budget build (no longer a budget built)
please keep the negative comments to yourself. i do not have the fund’s to go all out
Any info that would help me gain more knowledge on stuff is highly appreciated

plans , goal , item , wish list.

• b20 swap ( 12/12/13 currently in process)

• gsr or b16 tranny

• o.e.m clutch or exady stage 1 with 12lb flywheel

• mild wire tuck (finish 12/12/13)

• auto cross / half gutted interior look or I can find a complete black interior

• off set jmag wheels, or something that looks nice on a da

• new paint & body work[paid $800 for body work and paint

• one piece jdm headlight

• front jdp lip or replica lip

• 92-93 conversion [ paird front bumper $150 aftermarket , rear used o.e.m bumper $25

• ob1 conversion with b18b1 intake manifold upgrades

• del so front seats [ paid $40]

• dual bend ebay shifter [$20]

• energy suspension bushing [$11]

• Gsr Blades [$180.00

once car is done it will be park and kept for a long time.

took off the O.E.M spoiler

i gutted the whole interior and try to paint it flat black vinyl spray can paint. it came out nice, but i should’ve left the interior alone lol. im in search for interior parts now.

Why would you go with a stage 2 or 3 clutch when you’d be pushing an otherwise stock B20? That’s quite a bit overkill. And I’d steer away from an ultra light flywheel as well… especially if it’s your DD and not a circuit track car.

I’d stay away from those low offset jmag wheels too. You must be young so it’s going to be hard to avoid I’m sure. Why half gut the car if you’re going to be daily driving it? I don’t understand building a track “style” car if you’re going to be daily driving it. Get an OEM style clutch, don’t go too stiff on springs when lowering it because driving it around will make you not want to drive it around. Don’t gut anything. If you’re just getting the car to make it look cool then go for it, all the JDM kiddies will think it’s cool.

Honestly I thought I should just do it . once I swap over the engine and since it off I thought I might as well change it. It’s my DD right now, but I do plan on tracking once I get it done . Have you personally had bad experience with the lighten fly wheel?

I’m not going for the hella flush look or anything, just a nice drop that function . If you consider 24 being young then your right I’m young lol. Why half gut you say? Because I already gutted the car and tried to paint the interior with the flat black vinyl and fabric paint. Since it would be cheaper for me to get dash plus door panel I thought It would be a cheaper route to go, unless I can get another shell for cheap. Like I said since I’m gonna do a b20 swap and potential track time then I’m gonna do the clutch and fly wheel upgrade. Any reason why I should steer away from the offset wheels?

Lightened flywheels are for circuit racing, and better throttle response in the low-mid rpm range… For daily driving it can get annoying. Especially if you run a short-geared transmission.

A Stage 3 clutch is rated for like 300hp/250tq… When a B20 makes less than half of that. The clutch pedal will be unnecessarily heavy… the engage-point will be very small… You’re just causing yourself more of a headache then you are helping. You don’t NEED that clutch, it will not help you in any way. Get an OEM replacement Exedy clutch… or if you’re dead set on something better, get a stage 1 Exedy.

If you absolutely must get a lightened flywheel, stick with something that is still 12+lbs. Any lighter will be too light… your motor will perform better with a heavier flywheel.

[QUOTE=unified112;2302357]Lightened flywheels are for circuit racing, and better throttle response in the low-mid rpm range… For daily driving it can get annoying. Especially if you run a short-geared transmission.

A Stage 3 clutch is rated for like 300hp/250tq… When a B20 makes less than half of that. The clutch pedal will be unnecessarily heavy… the engage-point will be very small… You’re just causing yourself more of a headache then you are helping. You don’t NEED that clutch, it will not help you in any way. Get an OEM replacement Exedy clutch… or if you’re dead set on something better, get a stage 1 Exedy.

If you absolutely must get a lightened flywheel, stick with something that is still 12+lbs. Any lighter will be too light… your motor will perform better with a heavier flywheel.[/QUOTE]

So a good combo would be o.e.m or something similar to o.e quality with a lighten flywheel no less then 12lbs correct?. Thanks for the info I will update on my goals

Exedy is the OEM supplier for Honda clutches… So get an ‘OEM Replacement’ Exedy clutch.

A Stage1 Exedy clutch will firm up the pedal and give a good bite, but also be friendly on the streets as well.

The flywheel is entirely optional… I’m using my stock flywheel in my setup and the tuner and dyno mechanic both commented on how solid and still how quick it rev’d. Going with an ultra-light (9lb etc) will make your motor rev up quicker, but it cuts down on high-end stability and usability.

[QUOTE=unified112;2302381]Exedy is the OEM supplier for Honda clutches… So get an ‘OEM Replacement’ Exedy clutch.

A Stage1 Exedy clutch will firm up the pedal and give a good bite, but also be friendly on the streets as well.

The flywheel is entirely optional… I’m using my stock flywheel in my setup and the tuner and dyno mechanic both commented on how solid and still how quick it rev’d. Going with an ultra-light (9lb etc) will make your motor rev up quicker, but it cuts down on high-end stability and usability.[/QUOTE]

Okay thanks for the info appreciate it

SEM makes a vinyl paint that is supposedly a good product. Also if you going to dye your carpet ,duplicolor makes a carpet dye. Just make sure you clean your carpet good and let it dry out before applying the dye. How tough was it to remove the dash?

I got the dye/ paint from advanced auto part. And I think it was dupli color. But after the spraying . The texture of the seats were hard and rough. I recommend not spraying the seats or carpet with the product. Unless you like the roughness of the seats . I will looking for new interior stuff now. The dash Wasn’t that hard , took me about a hour to remove the dash.

as you can see here i tried to spray paint it. it came out nice but i feel as if the spray can didnt cover so much. i let it dry for 3 days and i didnt like the rough feel of it.

but the the plastic part like the dash and stuff came out alright.

what happen to the help section of the forum or diy, etc section

Under the “Information” section about 1/2 way down on the page, under the “Articles/TigTips” is the “Archived Teg tips” is where you will find most of the DIY things. Also looking at other members build threads in the “General G2/G2IC Discussion” section can often lead you to some DIY things.

I wouldn’t recommend spraying anything on the seats. I would just go to a junk yard (pull a part) and snatch up a decent set to clean or look on craigslist for someone parting out an integra and snatch those up if for a decent price. If you dye the carpet you need to do multiple light coats until you get the desired color/darkness and then either vacuum or use a brush to get the stiffness out of the carpet from the dye after it drys.

[QUOTE=dpintos;2302422]Under the “Information” section about 1/2 way down on the page, under the “Articles/TigTips” is the “Archived Teg tips” is where you will find most of the DIY things. Also looking at other members build threads in the “General G2/G2IC Discussion” section can often lead you to some DIY things.

I wouldn’t recommend spraying anything on the seats. I would just go to a junk yard (pull a part) and snatch up a decent set to clean or look on craigslist for someone parting out an integra and snatch those up if for a decent price. If you dye the carpet you need to do multiple light coats until you get the desired color/darkness and then either vacuum or use a brush to get the stiffness out of the carpet from the dye after it drys.[/QUOTE]

thanks. i just seen it now. but for the pass couple of days it wasnt showing up.

to bad i threw it in the trash already LOL. if i would’ve known that sooner i would’ve kept it.

update with fix images

here what already been done to it after i got the car for 6 months.

so more pics

yeah i know they look crapy but for 180 bucks you cant go wrong.