Cam ideas

Hey, in my build I’m running a B16 block, 9:1, fully ported head. Somewhere in the neighborhood of 310+cfm @ 28" h20. Equal length manifold, and a Garrett T3/T04E Ballistic series turbo. 60 trim with a .48 on the exhaust.

I’ve been told this little guy will run out of breath at around 5K or so. My question is this…

What cam has the meanest and most powerful VTEC engage? Cause I have a 9K redline to play with, and I want to use it when I’m making a timed pass.

Ideas?

Thanks,

Clark

buddy club spec V’s are pretty aggressive but they are for all-motor builds I don’t know what’s the best turbo cam for a honda, just go with type-r cams they make good power.

There is alot of discussion about the Rocket Motorsports m22 and m24 cams. search on H-T about them. I heard about a few guys switching up to those because of the power they made.

Here you go man hope this helps http://www.briancrower.com/makes/honda/b16ab18c.shtml
the stage2 turbo cams might be good and price is pretty good too. oh and the stage3 n/a ones i think are close to the V-Tec Killer cams…

[QUOTE=Boosted_90Teg;1763102]Hey, in my build I’m running a B16 block, 9:1, fully ported head. Somewhere in the neighborhood of 310+cfm @ 28" h20. Equal length manifold, and a Garrett T3/T04E Ballistic series turbo. 60 trim with a .48 on the exhaust.

I’ve been told this little guy will run out of breath at around 5K or so. My question is this…

What cam has the meanest and most powerful VTEC engage? Cause I have a 9K redline to play with, and I want to use it when I’m making a timed pass.

Ideas?

Thanks,

Clark[/QUOTE]

i think everyone has missed the point here. ur turbo will run out of breath after about 5k. now why would u want to rev past that??? u will not be making any power at that point. for ur setup u will have to run a cam that supports power untill shortly after 5k. a more wise thing to do is get a bigger turbo and upgrade the cams to suite ur turbo size and compressor maps. it doesn’t matter if u still hit vtec after ur turbo reaches max spool and flow. ur engine would be making more power but ur turbo will reduce flow at that point. yes there would technically be a slight increase of power due to the more aggressive cam profile during vtec but ur only going to short change urself in the end as the only thing holding u back at that point would be ur turbo. much larger gains could be made with a larger turbo and well matched cams.

Clark, Andrew, I have gsr parts car and more, call me 253 213 5779 asap